great game - 1 tiny request

First off, been playing cm/fm for what seems like aeons and well done SI for putting out another quality product. Yes, some bugs but they are (nearly) always fixed and rarely mess up any save I've had. So....thanks! Some people have said that it's got a bit easy, but from my experience I seem to be doing just as ''ahem'' well at this as any of the other iterations - I am a past-master at making a team 'pretty good'. Give me Newport County, and I can make them pretty good. Put me in charge of Sheff Wed and in a few years they too can rise to the giddy heights of 'reasonably competitive'. Give me Man Utd and I can do the same job with them too....

One small suggestion for next time - could SI change it so when I look through a player's details (transfer, contract, personal etc) it treats it as one page, rather than multiples? For example I'm on the squad page and decide to have a gander at one of my old strikers, currently languishing in the reserves. I look through his history and reminisce about his glory days with us over the years, make sure he's happy with his role as well-paid spectator, see if anyone is interested in him and then maybe forget something and go back to history and check. Satisfied with everything I now have to press the back button 6 or 7 times to return to the squad screen. Or, click on the team name, view squad, drop down menu, reserves (as a laptop user with bad coordination I'm not a huge fan of drop down menus). Not a huge problem but it is a tad annoying after a little while. Also it's a bit of a pain if you're investigating someone in the search players page.

I (think) all you used to do was press 'back' once and as if by magic you were back on the original screen again. Is that right? If it isn't, could we make it so?

You can change it! Go to preferences and tick (or untick, can't remember which way round it is!) the option that says "Enable (or maybe disable?) full player browsing"

I can't remember the exact wording or whether the default is ticked or unticked, but basically find that option in preferences and change it!

Archived