Some Suggestions to Improve the Game

I have some ideas to improve Football Manager 2012.

There is playmaker option in both player roles and team instructions. It was only in player roles before. With the addition to the team instructions, I think the player roles one can be removed because it gets complicated. I mean you change it from Team Instructions but sometimes you can forget to change it in player roles. Why do players have to change both? (Also there is the same issue with Target Man.)

There is an option called Target Man Supply under Team Instructions which can be turned off. It doesn't sound logical if there is a target man, and no supply for that target man(which would result in a wandering around lonely "target man"). Also since there is an option called mixed, why is there an option to turn Target Man Supply off?

In Private Chat with the players, I think it would be very helpful if there were a "warn player to be placed in reserves" option when things go bad and you have to warn the player in that conversation. There is a warning about putting the player in transfer list, which can be too harsh sometimes. Currently, there is only one option about reserves which is finishing that conversation, starting a new one after a day and choosing reserved option under development section which directly puts the player in reserves without a warning. Maybe he would apologize if there were a warning

The new 3D match improvements such as the new crowd system, new cameras are very good visually but there are still bugs in the match engine. The most notable ones are turbo legs when the player moves at normal speed, and legs not moving when the player moves at normal speed. These are bugs when the game stops which are visually looking funny. When the game is running, sometimes a player gets stuck in that place(with legs in turbo mode) for a short time which is very bad in counter attacks and can affect results of the matches. I think bugs like these should be addressed before making new implementations.

You can see players' reaction to what you say in half time team talks and individual player talks(which is a very helpful feature indeed), but there are no reactions when you make a substitute in the game and talk with the player.

In Football Manager 2011, there was an option "You can win the match" in team talks before the match. But that option is removed in 2012. I'm choosing "for the fans" one to make that effect but that nearly has no effect on the players morale as it was in FM 2011.

Since touchline instructions can be applied before the match now, I think there is no need for instructions such as exploit the flanks, because there is already that option in team instructions, focus passing: down x flank. More examples are pressing-stand off, width: play wider-play narrower, etc. This is kind of awkward not setting the tactic before the match and keep shouting in the match. Also there are more options for these in tactics.

In big matches, a single torch burns for the rest of the match in the game. This is not like that in real life. Generally, many torchs burn only for some time after a goal from the team those fans support or sometimes those torches burn at the start of the match. Reasons:

*This is a group activity, not a single person's.

*A torch can't last 90 minutes.

*There is no such thing like torches burn for 90 minutes.

-If you make many torches burn, don't forget that home team supporters' and away team supporters' torches don't burn at the same time.

There seems to be too many aggressive tackles (which results in many cards) even if you choose Tackling: Default in Team Instructions compared to FM 2011.

When you substitute best performing player for the last minute substitute(to make the time pass) results in media asking you substituting that player raised some eyebrows. Managers sometimes change that best performing player for the last minute change to make the fans applause him. Changing the player after 85. minute doesn't mean that manager thinks that player didn't play well. At least there can be an answer to tell this to the media.

Archived