Who keeps giving my youth players their first professional contracts!

I like deciding on contracts when playing FM and in team policy have not ticked any of the "handle youth intake" or "contract renewals handled by Assistant Manager/Coach" option boxes. I thought that this was the way to ensure all contract offers/renewals would be dealt with by me. About four youngsters have now been offered, and accepted, their first professional contacts and are delighted. I am sure they may be but I am not as, had I had a say in the matter, they would not have been offered contracts by me. I have no idea who in the club has offered and agreed to these contracts......

Can anyone explain what I have missed. Presumably there must be some other setting that I need to change to avoid this happening in future.

I like deciding on contracts when playing FM and in team policy have not ticked any of the "handle youth intake" or "contract renewals handled by Assistant Manager/Coach" option boxes. I thought that this was the way to ensure all contract offers/renewals would be dealt with by me. About four youngsters have now been offered, and accepted, their first professional contacts and are delighted. I am sure they may be but I am not as, had I had a say in the matter, they would not have been offered contracts by me. I have no idea who in the club has offered and agreed to these contracts......

Can anyone explain what I have missed. Presumably there must be some other setting that I need to change to avoid this happening in future.

Team policy, Under 18's. Untick the box that mentions handles youth contracts. You can untick it under the Reserves tab too for good measure I think.

Team policy, Under 18's. Untick the box that mentions handles youth contracts.

I ensured that the box you mentioned was unticked at start of my career game.

Cannot see any obvious box that I have left ticked that could be causing this.

Maybe a bug?

Yeah I noticed this too. Came up saying Player X is ready for contract, looked at his stats decided I wouldnt bother and 3 weeks later theres a report saying Player X signed contract in front of his manager.

I do not recall even seeing the message that player X is ready for a contract. I only seem to find out after the event!

Some will have been on pre contracts already so they get to sign without your say so.

Since I set up my team policy settings carefully before pressing "continue" for the first time, presumably all of the occurences so far must have been on pre contracts when my game was first set up. Given that I beleive all the relevant boxes were unticked when I started, this should stop occuring as my game progresses. Presumably I have to go through under 18 sqaud player by player looking at their contract to see if they have already provisionally agreed to sign a contract.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, one thing I always check on taking a new job is Contract Offers, you have a chance to cancel them if you spot it.

Good advice. Have just explored contract offers and there are still some pending.....Will see if I can cancel any for players that I think have no future at club.

Thanks.

PS Cannot cancel provisional contracts already offered. Looks like I missed my one and only chance when I first took the job!

Good advice. Have just explored contract offers and there are still some pending.....Will see if I can cancel any for players that I think have no future at club.

Thanks.

PS Cannot cancel provisional contracts already offered. Looks like I missed my one and only chance when I first took the job!

Is there no "Change contract offer" option for the players involved?

Archived