Unsettling a player

In all my FM time I have never really tried to unsettle a player but I am going to start now. I want to sign a GK he is worth £19 million and is interested in joining I bid up to £30 million in the summer but they kept rejecting as he is listed as an important first team member. He is currently unhappy due to his club underachieving. Is it best to just keep praising him and declaring an interest, if so how often is it safe to say these things without annoying the player? If I continuously bid for him will it upset him that my bids are being rejected?

Is it possible to unsettle someone so much they will want to leave?

I'm trying to unsettle Cristiano Ronaldo in my second season. I'm Man Utd, won the prem, carling cup and got to the final of the Champions League but lost 5-2 to Barcleona in my first season.

Don't think i'm ever going to be able to buy him, just keeps on saying he's not interested, even though Real Madrid are not winning anything in my save lol.

I really do think there needs to be SOME way of unsettling a player, though; it happens to my players all the time when another team is interested in them, and I don't understand why it NEVER happens to opposition players. I understand that it can't happen all the time; it just seems like something that needs to happen SOMETIMES.

Archived