Journeyman - Where Money Really Does Talk

Mikal

Decided on this as my first proper save on FM12. I did something similar last year which I really enjoyed but never got round to getting as far as I would have hoped, but this time round should be a lot more productive and action-packed.

The idea behind this career is to earn as much money as possible, starting from the very bottom.

Rules:

- Accept any contract of any length at any club at any time regardless of circumstance, to those who offer a higher wage than currently receiving.

- No negotiations allowed; their first offer is also their last.

- I will renew my contract at a club if their offer is of the same or higher wage. I will also not negotiate this. If another offer is available upon contract renewal I will take the highest paid. If offers are the same I will accept the shortest contract offer.

- I can actively apply for available positions, but can only accept if the wage is higher.

- If I am out of a job I can take any job available, if more than one are available I must accept the highest paid.

Setup:

What's great about this years Football Manager is the add/remove league feature, this opens the whole world to possibilites and chances. So instead of constantly having X amount of /nations leagues loaded, I can now just have the nation I am playing in active which will speed up the game time and prolong my career.

At the end of each season (depending on what league I am in) I intend on opening up all /nationsleagues for the duration of the transfer window, while this may be slow, it will give me endless chances at finding that 1 higher paid job out there, then when the transfer window ends, or I find a new club, I can reduce the active nations back down to 1.

Here and here you can see my initial setup. And here you can see my manager profile.

Managerial History

Season             Country             Club             League             Finish             Wage (P/W)             Cups/Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012/12          South Korea      Chunnam Dragons      K-League             N/A                 £2.4k

Managerial Overview Stats as at January 2012.

Total Career Earnings as at February 2012: £4,500

Current Leading Manager Wages

1. Jose Mourinho - Real Madrid - £175,000

2. Arsene Wenger - Arsenal - £115,000

3. Roberto Mancini - Manchester City - £100,000

4. Andre Villas-Boas - Chelsea - £84,000

5. Sir Alex Ferguson - Manchester United - £80,000

Current Leading Transfers

Will update these where and when they change, so keep checking back.

Second time round after my initial corrupt save. Started in February 2012 this time round, thought I'd let the game play out a bit and get some different teams without managers. So anyway, I applied for all available positions and here is who offered what (all offers are per week):

Boussu - £950

Botev - £575

Semen Padang - £1.1k

FC Brussels - £1.5k

Chunnam Dragons - £2.4k

Gimnasia - £575

Cherno more - £1.2k

Persija - £1.2k

Vila Nova - £1.3k

Parana - £1.2k

So as can see from that I have been offered a very handsome looking £2.4k per week from Chunnam Dragons in the K-League - South Korea. Contract.

Current League Table

Finances

Squad Analysis

- Squad Report

- Tactics

Some decent players available to me, but a very, very small squad. The reserve team is large but full of pretty poor players so won't be looking to bring any forward (unless desperate times call for desperate measures). On the tactics page, that is the default formation, and it looks like that's what they have the best players for, so will look to try and carry that on, hopefully will be able to do well!

Media Prediction: 8th

Transfer Budget: £475,000

Wage Budget: £31,500 p/w

Current Player Wage Total: £29,910 p/w

Continental Competition: Asian Champions League

Season Aims

- Understand squad strengths and weaknesses

- Add depth to squad

- Finish top 6

As always if other screenshots are wanted please feel free to ask

Cheers guys I'll keep this as active as possible, my next update will be in the morning sometime with squad analysis and hopefully put in the leading transfers/top earning managers.

I didn't realise that the leagues only become inactive again when their season finishes! So I'm running every league with an adequate laptop! :D. I suppose the further I get into the save I can take certain leagues out who won't be able to afford me, so hopefully when the database grows I'll be able to counteract it. Not a problem!

Glad to see there's a bit of interest, gives me some motivation to carry on.

Cheers, but would you believe I've already suffered a corrupt save!? Luckily I wasn't all that far in so starting again, will edit all opening posts and stuff with more up-to-date details and the like. This time I'm making back ups!!

Start of the season is drawing near, friendlies are out of the way with where we W2 D2 which I thought was pretty good for a team still gelling.

My Asian Champions League group has been drawn:

ACL.png

As you can see I have already played 1 game against a tough Sydney side so a draw from there was a good result.

The transfer window is open until near end of March, so I'll post up my transfers in and out around that time. Although I pretty much have no money left so not sure if any more transfers will be done!

So coming to an end of the transfer window, a little round up of things.

Transfers

8 players brought in and 1 coming in August. My squad was real thin and I needed depth more than anything. Few of those should slot in nicely to the first team, but will take a while for this team to start clicking.

Team Line Up and Tactics

Went against my first judgement of the 3-5-2 they had set up and wanted to be as water-tight as possible without sacrificing in attack. The deep 4-2-3-1 was the formation I have gone with. Only played 2 or 3 games with it and there is room for improvement, but I think it's one I will stick with. I am having problems with crosses coming in and their ST or AMC always seems to find space between 4 players to get on the end of it. Work needed most definitely.

Fixtures

Nothing too eye catching here, nothing much has really happened either. Once my team start gelling I will hopefully start to see some improved performances.

Next update will be at the mid-way stage of the season (around July time).

Archived