Squad status.

I'm trying to change the squad status of some of my reserve team players, but ever time I hit confirm and check the status it has changed back to indespensible. I noticed an issue previously when approaching free agents of only being able to offer indespensible as a squad status.

Same here - can't change squad status for some players. Specifically, Matty Crook and Matty Hunter. I'm managing Blyth Spartans in BSN.

Yes you can, but only in the range of Key player - First team player. The reason for this, is that the "Contract Types" of Blyth have been fixed as follows in the editor: Key player - P/T, First team - P/T, Rotation - N/C, Backup - N/C. This means that if you want Crook and Hunter to be set as backup (and that's what I guess you want after assessing their "quality"), you'll have to change their contract type as well by offering them a N/C contract.

The absurd consequence of this, is that as you in fact (according to the knowledge of the Blyth researcher) have 21 players on P/T contracts, they are all to be classified as either key players or first team players in the game. This is of course far from a true representation of the squad status hierarchy in Blyth, but an unfortunate consequence of how poorly "Contract Types" have been implemented. Even more absurd is the situation in lower Northern Irish leagues, where all players on P/T contracts are to be considered key players, resulting in a plethora of key players in the game. Killymoon Rangers currently have 21 key players. I am bemused as to how this flaw was not discovered during testing.

There are even worse consequences than this, which I have tried to describe and explain in the bugs forum. I am referring to this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276971-DEMO-Cannot-manually-change-squad-status

The absurd consequence of this, is that as you in fact (according to the knowledge of the Blyth researcher) have 21 players on P/T contracts, they are all to be classified as either key players or first team players in the game. This is of course far from a true representation of the squad status hierarchy in Blyth, but an unfortunate consequence of how poorly "Contract Types" have been implemented. Even more absurd is the situation in lower Northern Irish leagues, where all players on P/T contracts are to be considered key players, resulting in a plethora of key players in the game. Killymoon Rangers currently have 21 key players. I am bemused as to how this flaw was not discovered during testing.

:eek:

Good grief, what a mess.

It's a complete mess, indeed, Faxlore. It has made whole leagues unplayable, unless one takes a completely uncritical stance on the real matters of fact and take refuge to the inner world of phantasia, thus ignoring the importance of vital deep structural conditions on which any enjoyment of the game is dependent. Let's acknowledge that there may be a clever idea behind the invention of "Contract Types", but maintain the implementation has been done without any kind of critical examination beyond the most superficial glance at the game.

I've got the same situation in the Northern Irish leagues. To be honest the problem seems to be the AI being unable to work with the system, the squads should be made up of a number of amateur players, with a few players on wages who are key players. The game seems unable to grasp this and builds a squad of contracted players, I imagine the financial situation at these clubs over a period of time will be even worse than in real life.

Does anyone understand the idea behind making Contract Type and Squad Status interconnected/correlated? I'm not a football expert, but I always understood Squad Status is merely player's position in squad hierarchy. And I don't understand why it's been made correlated to Contract Type.

OK, I can understand something like that P/T player shouldn't be "Indispensable" in a Pro team, but is the introduced functionality only intended for this?

Also, in previous versions I could offer F/T contracts even when managing Semi-Pro clubs. Now this has changed. Only some Semi-Pro clubs can offer F/T contracts. Is it supposed to reflect real life? Do clubs in real life have policies for this?

just to confirm - is there any way to fix this problem in Editor? I have never used editor before and never wanted to but this is simply a game breaker and im desperate for any solution.

update - managed to change squad status using FMRTE - hopefully it will work and will not damage my game later on.

just to confirm - is there any way to fix this problem in Editor? I have never used editor before and never wanted to but this is simply a game breaker and im desperate for any solution.

You can certainly change this in the editor - either just for your club or, to be fairer, for all the clubs in your league. Maybe better take the query over to the Editors' Hideaway forum. Some of those league-creating gurus ought to be aware of this and give some handy advice.

Shocking situation.

thanks mate, managed to change it using FMRTE - devilish tool I never touched before, even looking at it bothers me :) Hopefully it will work smoothly. Anyway - it is a shocker, for me biggest bug since CM 00/01

ok - its all messed up. After using FMRTE the status has been changed in Transfer Info tab, but Not Needed radio button in Set Transfer Status tab once clicked cannot be changed later on.

Does anyone understand the idea behind making Contract Type and Squad Status interconnected/correlated? I'm not a football expert, but I always understood Squad Status is merely player's position in squad hierarchy. And I don't understand why it's been made correlated to Contract Type.

OK, I can understand something like that P/T player shouldn't be "Indispensable" in a Pro team, but is the introduced functionality only intended for this?

Also, in previous versions I could offer F/T contracts even when managing Semi-Pro clubs. Now this has changed. Only some Semi-Pro clubs can offer F/T contracts. Is it supposed to reflect real life? Do clubs in real life have policies for this?

We all agree that this bug has marred any enjoyment of play in all lower leagues in the game (yes, even in 1. Bundesliga!) - but is there still a glimmer of genius in the idea itself of intertwining Contract Type and Squad Status? I must confess I struggle to see any great benefit. Yes, one can now regulate what kind of contract types each club in the entire db is able and likely to offer their players, but couldn't one somehow achieve the same without necessarily intertwining it with squad status? Besides, it seems in many cases too much of a straitjacket to have contract types and squad status that closely interconnected. A third objection: I don't think they have realized that satisfactory implementation of this idea requires large scale editing and a global survey which SI hardly have the resources to manage.

On another hand, maybe this link between contract types and squad status has been the favoured solution for ensuring that lower league clubs offer their players the variety of contract types which they in fact have. Without for example linking N/C to backup status in the editor, a semi-professional club would rather tie all their players to P/T contracts, thus in longer terms not supporting the factual variety of contract types.

That could be one of the benefits, if there really isn't any other way of programming this pattern. But as mentioned: it requires large scale editing + should be less strictly intertwined.

Archived