How Many Hours/Days Game Time Does It Take You To Complete A Season?

I've seen posts on this forum where people are saying they are already in the year 2015 or further and it has made me wonder how long does it take you to complete a season? I'm not talking real life time of maybe a week or two weeks I mean how much game time do you have to put in to complete a season? For those who complete seasons really quickly what do you do? Is it a case of selecting a team, making a tactic and holidaying the games? I personally find it takes me about 24 hours on average game time to complete a season. I have no idea whether that is a lot/average or way below an average time to complete a season.

The way I play the game is a case of going into detail but not too much to lose interest in the game. I find that if I watch my matches in full I rarely feel like playing more than one game in a session, I currently watch every single game on key highlights and the 2D engine. I have 3 different tactics which I have created and tend to edit and rotate between the three, obviously there are lots of contributing factors to how long a season will take to finish. Basically the point of this thread is to ascertain how long it takes you to complete a season (game time) and to find out how most people on here play. Do you micro-manage? Or do you try and get through a season as soon as possible?

Good question, and one that will no doubt bring a huge spectrum of responses.

I have recently started a new game as Weymouth in BSS (FM10 I must point out). I started about two weeks ago I think, have played for 1 day and four hours of game time, and have just finished my first season, i.e. it is now early May, therefore it takes me on average nearly three hours of game time to complete a month. To be honest though, this is a variable, as I spent a lot of time sorting my squad, staff and tactics at the front end of the season, and have then raced through the last few months with not so much major work to do, so all in all, in my experience it varies depending on how much work you need to do/have the tolerance to do to your club.

Maybe a day and a half?

I usually find its been 6 or 7 hours before i even get to the first league game (I spend alot of time looking for players etc).

I watch games on key highlights in 3D.

I think about 24 hours although it depends a lot on how much I am doing while playing! Often I'll leave the game loaded up while I am browsing the web (like now, for example) so it leads to a rather unreliable figure! Real time usually a couple of weeks per season when I'm playing regularly.

I just checked and it's taken me 1 day and 12 hours (and 39 minutes) to reach the January transfer window of my second season. I tend to stick with just one tactic which I'm continually tweaking, so I don't spend a lot of time preparing for individual matches. I do, however, play all of them rather than holidaying, mainly because my AssMan is bloody useless. Oh, and I only watch the key highlights with no replays.

Well I am up to August 22nd at the start of my second season, it says 2 days 18 hours in Game status, so I'd say it takes me about 2 1/2 days for the first season, after that they take about 12 hours each. I generally spend a lot of time in the first season building my team, after a promotion I may spend another long period in the preseason, but seasons are generally faster as I get further in and know my players.

Only reached December in my first game after 39 hours play so looks like being circa 2 1/2 days in game status for me. I always take a very long time setting coaching, tactics, scouts etc up before pressing continue for first time so second season should be quicker.....Still enjoying "finding my way" around new layouts and trying to get to grips with use of tone etc.

Really enjoying at moment.

Ah this old chestnut. We all play the game in different ways. Me, I'm the ultimate micro-manager. I take about an hour between matches, and on average take a real-time month to complete a season. I'm hoping to speed up this year but FM12 is more in-depth so will probably be slower.

Half the joy is realizing that you have not pressed Continue for 3 or 4 hours because you are managing. I love the process of setting up a side and then like others have said, once you have most of the pieces in places, the pace picks up ... 3 days and first season complete.

Archived