Same game played in two PC.

Dear co-players,

I have some questions about the game and its installation. I have two pc, one at home and one in the office, and I have already installed the game in the home pc. The question is whether I can also install it in the office pc given that there is no internet connection.

What I would like to do is to have the opportunity to play one game in both pc. And here comes the second question: if it is possible for me to install it in the other one too will I be able to play one and the same game in both pc? How am I going to do that? Will I have to copy paste any files from one computer to the other?

Thank you for your time.

Two things:

1. I only have to copy, transfer and paste the save file? Is it enough?

2. The installation part of the other computer can be solved only if I connect it to internet? So I suppose I have to bring it home and install it again.

Thanks for your answers.

Two things:

1. I only have to copy, transfer and paste the save file? Is it enough?

2. The installation part of the other computer can be solved only if I connect it to internet? So I suppose I have to bring it home and install it again.

Thanks for your answers.

Once it's installed and activated through Steam, you can play offline so yes you would have to be online to get it installed to begin with.

Yes it's enough to just copy and past the save file :)

There's an easier way (I think).

FM remembers the last location of the saved game that you load. You could put your save file onto a USB memory stick and when you go into FM to 'choose the file' to load, select the path of your USB stick. If you make sure to always put the USB in before you load FM, it should recognise it as the last saved location and instantly go there when attempting to load a game in future. It means you won't have to constantly copy and paste. Just don't break the stick.

There's an easier way (I think).

FM remembers the last location of the saved game that you load. You could put your save file onto a USB memory stick and when you go into FM to 'choose the file' to load, select the path of your USB stick. If you make sure to always put the USB in before you load FM, it should recognise it as the last saved location and instantly go there when attempting to load a game in future. It means you won't have to constantly copy and paste. Just don't break the stick.

That's a good idea, the only problem with it is you might end up with performance issues as you're playing the game off the USB in of a hard drive, which tends to be slower

For those that use Dropbox to sync games across multiple PC do you just set the /games folder to be synced or do you drop the actual game folder into the sync folder. Just wondering as I am trying to set it up on my two computers and if there are any issues if syngcing the games folder. I am not sure if there could be data issues if say Im playing and it starts syncing or something like that. Or does it only initiate a sync once you save the file?

Archived