Why 90% of the regens get excelent set pieces attributes ?

Obviously I'm exaggerating a that percentage (90%) but most of you may have noticed that a big part of the regens have high set-pieces attributes (free kicks/corners/penalty taking), but suck at the other attributes.

It's like an obvious template: they get good stats at those attributes, but they pretty much suck in other fields. This also happened in fm10, fm 11.

Also, why can't I see a regen with very good free kicks (15+), but low corners & penalty kicks? If a regen gets good attributes for one of those three skills, he automatically gets good attributes for all of them.

I just hate it when i click on a new youth player, and go "oh crap, another set-pieces regen" => terminate trial / release on a free

Seriously SI, you make a very good game but how about changing those regen templates every now and then ?

Will certainly be disappointed if newgen attributes haven't been distributed more logically this time around. Centre-halves with great crossing and corner attributes was a feature of FM11.

Although the best player to come through my first youth intake in the BSS was a 193cm winger who has the following attributes:

Passing: 1

Decisions: 5

Creativity: 3

Stamina: 5

Surely at some point in his school/youth days someone took him aside and said "you're probably not going to make much of a winger, mate".

I got the feeling 90% of regens had either low Aggression or Bravery so there were basically no good ball winning midfielders in the future

Ironically, as I read these posts I decided to chip in with my experience; my newgen kids in my lower league squad don't have good set-piece attributes, but what is abnormal is their high bravery scores - averaging about 13-14. I wish some of those points were redistributed somewhere more useful!

Ironically, as I read these posts I decided to chip in with my experience; my newgen kids in my lower league squad don't have good set-piece attributes, but what is abnormal is their high bravery scores - averaging about 13-14. I wish some of those points were redistributed somewhere more useful!

Well yeah, it happens. But ball winners need good Aggression AND Bravery at the same time, which is very rare. And keep in mind these two stats are not trainable.

Archived