Team Chants

So I'm making some progress... I think!

So far I figured out that -

• Create the .wav file and save in /data/sounds/default folder
  • Name the .wav file as 'FM_tm_xxxx' where xxxx is the team ID #709 was Sheff Wednesday according to the editior#
    #*#Edit the file /evemts/match_sounds#txt using notepad
    #*#Change the entry SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_xxxx", 0, 1, 2, 0 #0=loopset to yes, 1 = crowd sound, 2 = chance, 0 =cached
  • to SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_709", 0, 1, 2, 0
  • Violla

Except it doesn't work - :lol: I must be getting close

Can anyone help further please?

Nope... can't find anything on this anywhere in these forums....

I've figured out how to add new chants now for events which really increase the atmosphere .. here is an example -

SOUND_BACKGROUND_HOME, "FM_tm_709_1", 0, 0, 2, 1

SOUND_BACKGROUND_HOME, "FM_tm_709_2", 0, 0, 2, 1

SOUND_BACKGROUND_HOME, "FM_tm_709_3", 0, 0, 2, 1

SOUND_BACKGROUND_HOME, "FM_tm_709_4", 0, 0, 2, 0

And I found an excellent source for football crowd chants too... http://fanchants.co.uk/ and it's FREE!

Just cant get the 'SOUND_TEAM_CHANT' or 'SOUND_PLAYER_CHANT' to work ... must be something to do with the file location.

Someone must know how to do this

I've been trying to do the same thing, since I saw your post and it just doesn't work.

I added my own wav files and changed them in the events config and it didn't work. I also took out the goal scored sound and replaced it with mine using the same names and configs and that didn't work either. When my team scored there was no noise for the goal scored. So I think it can only be something to do with the file im using.

Well I now have a fantastic atmosphere using the following -

SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_crowd_push3", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_MU_united", 0, 2, 5, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_MU_championions", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_MU_manchester-la-la-la", 0, 1, 5, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_MU_ooh-aah-cantona", 0, 1, 3, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_MU_attack-attack-attack", 0, 2, 4, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_MU_are-you-watching-merseyside", 0, 1, 5, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_MU_champions-of-england-and-europe", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_MU_cheer-alan-shearer", 0, 1, 5, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_MU_city-are-****", 0, 2, 3, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_MU_hello-hello-we-are-the-busby_boys", 0, 1, 5, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_MU_mourinho-are-you-listening", 0, 1, 4, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_MU_pride-of-all-europe", 0, 1, 5, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_MU_que-sera-sera-2", 0, 2, 4, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_MU_red-army-red-army-3", 0, 1, 5, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_MU_red-flag", 0, 1, 4, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_MU_rooney-rooney-1", 0, 1, 5, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_MU_ryan-giggs-running", 0, 1, 5, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_MU_stand-up-for-the-champions-4", 0, 2, 2, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_MU_we-love-united", 0, 1, 3, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_MU_wembley", 0, 1, 5, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_MU_were-man-united-and-well-do-what-we-want-2", 0, 1, 5, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_MU_were-on-the-march-with", 0, 2, 2, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_MU_we-shall-not-be-moved", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_MU_what-the-fing-hell", 0, 1, 5, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_MU_who_are_ya", 0, 1, 4, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_MU_city-are-****", 0, 2, 2, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_MU_you-are-my-solskjaer", 0, 1, 5, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_MU_youve-only-come-to-see", 0, 1, 3, 0

It's probably not the proper way to do this but since I cannot figure out how the 'FM_tm_xxxx' works it will do for now. Only thing is, this works home and away which is not so much an issue for Man utd since they always have a large away support anyway.

Let me know if anyone want the .wav file and I will zip them for you.

I'm going to test the "FM_tm_xxxx' over the weekend to see if it is designed for opposition chants only.

I'm suprised no one else is on this thread - I should have thought that the match atmosphere is one of the most important aspects of this game - oh well.

Can't get this to work - tried everything. Now I have .wav files in just about every folder on my PC - lol

Even found an old thread http://www.freewebs.com/fmsoundpacks/helppage.htm with some instructions but it just doesn't work:(

So flat to take Man U to Anfield and there are no chants from the crowd - spoils the game for me.

Anyone out there know what I'm doing wrong or is this the wrong place to be asking?

Thanks in addvance

Bit out of date but have you seen this?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/156584-Released-FM2010-Sound-Pack

Also I find this increases matchday immersion a lot for me

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/273313-%E2%80%A2%E2%80%A2%E2%80%A2-FM-2011-Commentary-Pack-V7-%E2%80%A2%E2%80%A2%E2%80%A2

it works well enough for 2012 but a new version is expected soon

Its not the chants I'm after - I already have those and they work great... the problem is trying to figue out how the "FM_tm_xxxx' works so I can have the opposition fans chanting also for their team. So, when I go to Anfield I would expect the home crowd to chant too... not just my team. The "FM_tm_xxxx_nn' is designed especially for this where the 'xxxx' is the team ID and the 'nn' is the number... ie: FM_tm_680_1, FM_tm_680_2, FM_608_3 are alll Man utd chants that should play whenever Manu are playing. This is the thing I can't figure out.

I know the chants work by adding them to the standard chants - like anticipation or cheers - but the "FM_tm_xxxx' doesn't during the game. I'm not sure if its to do with the path... I tried every path I can think of but I am finding paths strange for this game. I tried

• documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/data/sounds/default/
  • steam/../../Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/data/sounds/default/
  • documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/data/sounds/
  • documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/data/sounds/
  • documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/sounds/default
  • documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/sounds/default/

Nothing seesm to work.

I even erased all the sound events to trace through a game to see what the triggers where. This was tedious as every player touch halted the game with an error message showing the trigger to which sound. Throughout the entire game I never had one trigger for the FM_tm_xxxx sounds - so maybe it just isn't implemented.

Thansk for the posts anyway

If it were possible to add chants for each team separately it would be something fantastic! May have tried to create a folder for the team? For example, If ManUtd ID is 680 then save .wav files to "/ Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2012/sounds/680" or "/ Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2012/sounds/default/680"? It would be nice if someone from SI commented that in general it is possible to add chants for only one club.

EDIT:

In file events.cfg is a section

# EVENT_TEAM_CHANT
= 487, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, [b]SOUND_TEAM_CHANT[/b]
> 10, 900,
INGAME ENGLISH: ***
REPORT ENGLISH: 
REPLAY ENGLISH: 
> 10, 900,
INGAME DANISH: ***
REPORT DANISH: 
REPLAY DANISH: 
> 10, 900,
INGAME DUTCH: ***
REPORT DUTCH: 
REPLAY DUTCH: 
> 10, 900,
INGAME CZECH: ***
REPORT CZECH: 
REPLAY CZECH: 
> 10, 900,
INGAME ENGLISH_AMERICAN: ***
REPORT ENGLISH_AMERICAN: 
REPLAY ENGLISH_AMERICAN: 
> 10, 900,
INGAME FRENCH: ***
REPORT FRENCH: 
REPLAY FRENCH: 
> 10, 900,
INGAME ITALIAN: ***
REPORT ITALIAN: 
REPLAY ITALIAN: 
> 10, 900,
INGAME KOREAN: ***
REPORT KOREAN: 
REPLAY KOREAN: 
> 10, 900,
INGAME NORWEGIAN: ***
REPORT NORWEGIAN: 
REPLAY NORWEGIAN: 
> 10, 900,
INGAME POLISH: ***
REPORT POLISH: 
REPLAY POLISH: 
> 10, 900,
INGAME PORTUGUESE: ***
REPORT PORTUGUESE: 
REPLAY PORTUGUESE: 
> 1, 900, middles.wav
INGAME RUSSIAN: Болельщики поддерживают свою команду
REPORT RUSSIAN: 
REPLAY RUSSIAN: 
> 10, 900,
INGAME SPANISH: ***
REPORT SPANISH: 
REPLAY SPANISH: 
> 10, 900,
INGAME SWEDISH: ***
REPORT SWEDISH: 
REPLAY SWEDISH: 

The entry "SOUND_TEAM_CHANTS" is added by me but nothing has changed. The question is only such when FM plays the sound for this event

Well I now have a fantastic atmosphere using the following -

It's probably not the proper way to do this but since I cannot figure out how the 'FM_tm_xxxx' works it will do for now. Only thing is, this works home and away which is not so much an issue for Man utd since they always have a large away support anyway.

Let me know if anyone want the .wav file and I will zip them for you.

I'm going to test the "FM_tm_xxxx' over the weekend to see if it is designed for opposition chants only.

The team chants only play on rare ocassions when your team get's a corner.

Not sure if they still work on FM12, I'm just using the default sounds still for FM12. But with previous FM's, they only played on very rare occassions when you got a corner.

Yeah I see what you have done, but every game now (home and away) the general chants will just be Man Utd chants. But if your playing as Man Utd and your happy with that, then it's all good. :thup:

It would be so much better if we could add individual general chants for teams, like the chants on FIFA, if your playing at Old Trafford you get a variety of Man Utd Chants, or if your playing against Burnley you get 'No Nay Never' Chants throughout the match etc.

But then they would need to add more lines to do this on FM, because the general team chants are always louder for the home team etc.

But SI have already said in the past, that they see no point in improving their Match Sounds (which is a shame) because they said the majority of FM players play with the sound turned off.

So even though the default Match sounds are average at best, they have been almost the same default chants ever since FM05.

I've always wanted to have the match sounds more like real life, and always used sound packs which made the match day experience a million miles better.

But now, I'm at the point where I can't be bothered no more, so I'm just using the default sounds... and it's no wonder the majority of FM users play without sound, I'm starting to turn the sound off on my FM12 now too, because the default chants/ atmosphere is just so plain boring.

With CM03/04 the default sounds/ atmosphere was much more realistic and it was like being at a real game, and with a few more tweaked/extra chants it was perfect on CM03/04.

But from FM05 onwards, the Match Sounds took a step backwards.

Well it is such a shame that SI can't put a bit more effort into the match atmosphere. The opposition team chant would be so using the SOUND_BACKGROUND_HOME and SOUND_BACKGROUND_AWAY tags where the HOME chant is more frequent and the away tag is not so loud.

Personally, I find the whole match day a bore now, aside from the atmosphere...

• Players enter and leave the pitch (not at all realistic)
  • everyone in the crowd is male with black hair with pretty much 1 of 2 colours of clothing
  • Players are all the same size
  • Goal celebrations are weak - I think I've seen maybe 4 different styles
  • No manager ranting in the technical area
  • No Champions league or other player line ups before big games (you know the tune)
  • Stadium advertising is the same at all grounds - now this could have been customisable with a revenue option to the club?
  • The whole stadium feeling is dull.... being at Old Trafford or Anfield looks & feels no different from being at Southend (well, apart from the crowd tunnels)
  • Camera only follows the ball - not realistic.
  • Not enough replay options (great saves, penalty decisions etc..)
  • Player animations are really weird (some players run sideways, others skip sideways)
  • When ball is out of play or awaiting restart players just stand still - this doesn't happen in a real game
  • Side lines in stadium are unrealistic (no ball boys, stewards, police, press, medics)
  • Subs dont warm up by running up and down line
  • Played at Wembley as Man Utd v Man City. Man City were the home side for some reason (maybe alphabetical). Result was that the atmosphere was flat since crowd chants are mainly generated by home team. Basically, this does not work for neutral grounds
  • Player reactions to being booked, sent off and other ref decisions are poor. Not just the player involved.
  • The list goes on....

There could easily be a mathematic in the game too to figure out how big the away support will be.

I actually wonder if anyone from SI has ever seen a top football match. After 100 years developing this game this all seems very basic to me given the effort required to add more realism to games today compared to 10 years ago. I understand that the focus maybe on the stats, tactics and AI but the fruit of your managerial skills must be on match day - it's the bit I looked forward to.

Oh wel,, forgive the rant but the game has become a big disappointment for me - and I only made it to 15 games.

• Players are all the same size
  • Goal celebrations are weak - I think I've seen maybe 4 different styles
  • Stadium advertising is the same at all grounds - now this could have been customisable with a revenue option to the club?
  • Side lines in stadium are unrealistic (no ball boys, stewards, police, press, medics)
  • Subs dont warm up by running up and down line

I agree with much of what you are saying, and it would be nice if some of these things could be improved. However:

Players aren't all the same size at all.

Goal celebrations could use some work, but to be fair to SI they have improve this over the past 3 years- in 2009 there weren't proper goal celebrations!

Stadium advertising is customisable.

More staff on the sidelines would be good. There are medics already though (with the physios).

Subs do warm up by "running" up and down the touchline. It looks a bit odd though.

Example. It is a match between Real Madrid (ID=1736) and Athletic Bilbao (ID=1664). In the folder data/sounds/default have a few chants of Atheltic and Real fans. Edit the file "match_sounds.cfg" adds entries SOUND_TEAM_CHANT_1736_1 ... SOUND_TEAM_CHANT_1736_5 and SOUND_TEAM_CHANT_1664_1 ... SOUND_TEAM_CHANT_1664_5. And those chants during the match is played according to the settings in the file "match_sounds.cfg" INSTEAD sounds assigned to SOUND_BACKGOROUND_HOME and SOUND_BACKGROUND_AWAY. If any club has not assigned separate chants these game played in the old way sound_background_away or sound_background_home like so far. Dear SI I really do not demand from you that you may also create files and added hundreds of songs. I just want you to left such an "open door" for the players, so they themselves can properly add and remove files with songs by creating a great match atmosphere when playing games with his club. This is not a big change requiring huge changes to the game code, so I hope that someone from SI to read and will give players the opportunity in the next version of the game or maybe even take this into account in any of the following patches for FM 2012.

Sorry for english. Its only google translator ;)

SI do all their own modelling which is probably why we are seeing a lack of major improvement year after year. What would be the harm in hiring an outside 3D company to create new celebrations, player movement, crowds, stadiums and everything else. That way SI could just concentrate on developing the gameplay. Stick to your strengths and all that.

Considering the lack of features added this year there is no reason why SI couldn't of spent more time on the match engine in-house. I still prefer the 2D blobs than watching it in 3D which is quite worrying considering the 3D overhaul is almost 4 years old.

Well I now have a cracking home atmosphere for Man U with over 30 different UNITED chants.... but neutral and away games are pants. I figured out how to keep the chanting going with a lower volume but I can't figure out why there is no cheer for an away goal. I think we already worked out that the specific team chants for the opposition doesn't work. Played Barcelona in the Champion League final (won 2-1:eek:) but no cheers for man U as we were considered the away team:mad: - ruined the game experience for me.

Does anyone know how to -

1. ensure that my team away goal is celebrated
  2. can I change the advert banners around the pitch?

Thanks in advance

please who know to write some lines in match_sounds.cfg,

to be possible to play fanchants for home and away team in 3 d match....

is this correct...

SOUND_BACKGROUND_HOME, "FM_tm_1135", 1, 0, 2, 0

SOUND_BACKGROUND_HOME, "FM_tm_1135_1", 1, 0, 2, 0

SOUND_BACKGROUND_HOME, "FM_tm_1135_2", 1, 0, 2, 0

SOUND_BACKGROUND_HOME, "FM_tm_1135_3", 1, 0, 2, 0

SOUND_BACKGROUND_HOME, "FM_tm_1135_4", 1, 0, 2, 0

SOUND_BACKGROUND_AWAY, "FM_tm_1135", 0, 5, 2, 0

SOUND_BACKGROUND_AWAY, "FM_tm_1135_1", 0, 5, 2, 0

SOUND_BACKGROUND_AWAY, "FM_tm_1135_2", 0, 5, 2, 0

SOUND_BACKGROUND_AWAY, "FM_tm_1135_3", 0, 5, 2, 0

SOUND_BACKGROUND_AWAY, "FM_tm_1135_4", 0, 5, 2, 0

SOUND_BACKGROUND_AWAY, "FM_tm_1135_5", 0, 5, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_1135.wav", 1, 0, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_1135_1.wav", 1, 0, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_1135_2.wav", 1, 0, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_1135_3.wav", 1, 0, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_1135_4.wav", 1, 0, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_1135_5.wav", 1, 0, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_1135_6.wav", 1, 0, 2, 0

or any is wrong...

please who know to write some lines in match_sounds.cfg,

to be possible to play fanchants for home and away team in 3 d match....

is this correct...

SOUND_BACKGROUND_HOME, "FM_tm_1135", 1, 0, 2, 0

SOUND_BACKGROUND_HOME, "FM_tm_1135_1", 1, 0, 2, 0

SOUND_BACKGROUND_HOME, "FM_tm_1135_2", 1, 0, 2, 0

SOUND_BACKGROUND_HOME, "FM_tm_1135_3", 1, 0, 2, 0

SOUND_BACKGROUND_HOME, "FM_tm_1135_4", 1, 0, 2, 0

SOUND_BACKGROUND_AWAY, "FM_tm_1135", 0, 5, 2, 0

SOUND_BACKGROUND_AWAY, "FM_tm_1135_1", 0, 5, 2, 0

SOUND_BACKGROUND_AWAY, "FM_tm_1135_2", 0, 5, 2, 0

SOUND_BACKGROUND_AWAY, "FM_tm_1135_3", 0, 5, 2, 0

SOUND_BACKGROUND_AWAY, "FM_tm_1135_4", 0, 5, 2, 0

SOUND_BACKGROUND_AWAY, "FM_tm_1135_5", 0, 5, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_1135.wav", 1, 0, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_1135_1.wav", 1, 0, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_1135_2.wav", 1, 0, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_1135_3.wav", 1, 0, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_1135_4.wav", 1, 0, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_1135_5.wav", 1, 0, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_1135_6.wav", 1, 0, 2, 0

This is correct but it doesn't work... thats the point of this thread:lol: there appears to be no trigger or call from the code (or extremely rare). I played a whole season and never heard 1 opposition chant (I have several for every prem team)

• 1 year later...

Archived