Touchline ban's effect on your team's performance

Has anyone else noticed that your team's performance seems to be outstanding when you are serving a touchline ban? Almoust every time when I'm banned, my team just trashes the opposition. For example just now, my Bolton team is beating Fulham 6-0, me being banned.

Now before some joker says how all this tells a lot about my managerial abilities - how could it have such a big effect? I mean basically what's different is, that it's the assistant doing team talks and substitutions, nothing more (and you can tell the assistant to do the team talks normally too). As far as I know, it doesn't mess with your tactics during the matches.

Do the players get like "fired up" because their manager has been wrongly punished, or what? Because I would love to know what causes them to perform like this...

Has anyone else noticed that your team's performance seems to be outstanding when you are serving a touchline ban? Almoust every time when I'm banned, my team just trashes the opposition. For example just now, my Bolton team is beating Fulham 6-0, me being banned.

Now before some joker says how all this tells a lot about my managerial abilities - how could it have such a big effect? I mean basically what's different is, that it's the assistant doing team talks and substitutions, nothing more (and you can tell the assistant to do the team talks normally too). As far as I know, it doesn't mess with your tactics during the matches.

Do the players get like "fired up" because their manager has been wrongly punished, or what? Because I would love to know what causes them to perform like this...

Well, it's not the team talks alright. I checked after the match, and Pre-match, Half-time and Post-match EVERY player's reaction to my assistant's team talks had been "Nothing specific noted" or "Didn't seem to be listening".

my team always seem to score one or two more but always concede one or two more aswell.

i though your assisstant did make changes to your tactics and stuff while in the game but started with your chosen tactics.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gcormack:

my team always seem to score one or two more but always concede one or two more aswell.

i though your assisstant did make changes to your tactics and stuff while in the game but started with your chosen tactics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm.. Well it's hard to say as you can't access the tactic screen when banned, but at least in the formation screen nothing changes.

i have only had the one ban so far, old Pete Beardsley took over for me, won 3-0, but only problem i had was that the players then had the hump with me for his team talk.

they were saying that i don't give them enough credit for their preformances, but i wasn't in charge.

Blame Beardsley not me

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klimowicz:

i haven't been banned in fm08. don't too many touchline bans jeopardize your job (obviously not results wise according to previous posts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well the news always say "Your board are furious that you have been banned etc etc", but I don't know how much it really jeopardizes your position.

You can safely do it if you're board is pleased with you though. When I was doing very well with Forest and exceeding all expectations, I took many bans but it didn't really lower the board's confidence on me.

Archived