Malaga CF - The Sugardaddy situation

Do Malaga CF deserve a 'Foreground Sugardaddy'?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Do Malaga CF deserve a 'Foreground Sugardaddy'?

• Yes; almost certainly
    • No; definitely not
    • It's yet to be seen

Well, this thread is pretty much what the title suggests; Malaga CF and their sugardaddy situation.

I'll begin with a brief description of the 3 sugardaddy options available in-game; [i will give examples

Foreground - [sheikh Mansour - Manchester City owner] - This is a chairman who will consistently pump money into your club whatever the situation. He will allow you to spend big, sign players which other clubs can only dream about signing but, he will inevitably demand success.

Background - [Randy Lerner - Aston Villa owner] - This is a chairman who will fund a club until his club achieves success, for example gaining a Champions League spot or promoting up a division, then he will almost pull out all resources [transfer and wage budgets] from the club.

Underwriter - [Dave Whelan - Wigan owner] - This chairman will consistently wipe off any debt that the club has hoarded up and will not allow it to enter administration or become bankrupt.

There's brief definitions of the 3 'styles' of chairman now onto the point I'm trying to make;

Malaga CF have only been given a;

Background Sugardaddy [view description above]

which, in my opinion, is nowhere near reflecting reality [You can see my argument as to why in the Spain Data Issues thread in the 'Data Issues' forum] no I just wanted to see what the general opinion on this is. Many people in the GPTG thread believe Malaga deserve a foreground sugardaddy, as do I.

:thup:

In FM 2011, I had a horrid experience with the chairman of Åtvidabergs FF. His name is Jan Svensson who is a famed singer and still active. He sold any players I had who was valuable no matter what kind of financial situation the club was in. The club had 6m euro in its wallet. Bad daddy.

Then there is the chairman of BK Kenty (The club I am managing in FM 2012) who has faith in me and refusing to sell my players no matter what the offers are. Good daddy.

One more point, I doubt that Al-Thani, who is the Malaga chairman, would just allow this 'project' of his to be discarded half finished. He's already stated that the players, he himself and the backroom staff all have a desire to overhaul Barcelona and Real Madrid and has spoken freely that he will be looking to spend a lot more money in January and next Summer to continuously improve the squad.

Archived