Fixture congestion??!!

Npower clubs cannot generally get into european qualification though unless you use FMRTE or you get really, really lucky with Carling cup draws.

Overall, npower league clubs go through really busy seasons which is why I manage in Sweden now.

It was purely an accident that I managed a Swedish club, then I found it quite nice. A season is rather short. 30 games for tier 1 / 2 and only 22 games for tier 3 / 4. And you get a whole month of break during winter, and 3 months of break after season where I can go tours and do whatever I want.

But Sweden overall is a low-ranking football country and it's hard to earn money, which can be improved by your club doing better in UEFA champion or Europa. It's called "UEFA coefficient".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient

The better Swedish clubs do in UEFA continental leagues, the better / more spots will be given to tier 1 teams. Ranking up in UEFA coefficient also means significantly more TV revenue.

At the beginning of my play, Sweden premier league only got 290k euro for 1st spot. In my previous save in FM 2011, I managed to get that prize to 590k euro and earned 1 more spot for UEFA champion and 2 more spots for Europa after having gotten Sweden to rank 11 from 39th in UEFA coefficient rank.

It's fun to watch a country getting overall better in football.

But for those playing in England, Spain, Germany, you will almost never experience UEFA coefficient changes since those countries are already on top.

im enjoying my time with Blackpool in the 3rd season i was offered my dream job at united but i turned it down cause i have a long term vision with the seasiders and im not done yet lol

I actually did a save in FM with them last year and enjoyed it, but about 5 or 6 seasons in I couldn't break lower-mid table despite great signings, and couldn't attract better signings to the club as their reputation never seemed to go up, even though I won the League Cup one year and did well consistently going deep into the FA Cup.

I started a save with 'em this year- I have it as an alternate to my Athletic save, but the match congestion just tires me too much to get really into it.

sounds good both you guys :)

im doin ok with blackpool im pushin for a spot in europe but my teams really lettin me down at crucial times its driving me insane just lost 3-2 to villa away from home after being 2-0 up damn own goals and then my team seemed to switch off

i set it to direct attackin and they still pass around like theya re tryin to waste time its so annoyin

Heh, that's football for you.

My goal for FM 2012 is to get Sweden to within UEFA rank 5. If I can make that happen, premier prize money should be in range of millions. UEFA league group stage seedings will be guaranteed. Other sweiden clubs will be richer, thus being able to afford better players.

sounds fun but could be a very long save game involved lol

im gettin annoyed at dominating matches but not scoring, the whole team is set to rarely shot from distance but they keep on doing it :(

also city are impossible to beat lol

Have you tried this shout?

Work Ball Into Box

Effect: Instructs the team to only shoot once they get close to the goal.

Action: Decreases try long shots.

Useful: When shooting far too much from range; when creating a lot of shots but few clear cut chances; when playing with a team who are poor at shooting from range.

Archived