Offside glitch?

Hi everybody.

So far I'm loving the FM12 experience. I just started my first save, managing PSG and planning world domination. I was just playing Marseille away, they were top of the league and me second so a very important game indeed. Just before halftime i got a freekick from some way out and Nene stood up and blasted the ball in the top corner, I celebrated like mad ofcourse only for the goal to be ruled out because one of me players was offside. When looking at the replay the player is nowhere near being offside and the ball never goas near the players in the box, as seen in the following screens.

Here is the moment when the ball is kicked

http://i40.tinypic.com/2ljgq9w.jpg

Here is the ball just about to go in

http://i44.tinypic.com/2uqlwd1.jpg

This obviously isn't offside but my question is this. Is this a glitch or is it a built in refereeing error. If the latter is the case, why couldn't I comment on it in the following press conference and why build in such a ridiculous decision?

My first thread, hopefully all is in order.

I would say refereeing error. The game does simulate human errors, including referees. I once saw my opponent's totally legitimate goal ruled out for offside - one of their defenders was still standing on the goal line after a corner, but seemingly completely overlooked by the linesman!

lol ok. Well, I'm all for human errors, however I think this is the first time I see a clear mistake from the linesman and is the most stupid thing I have ever seen. Also, like I said, very annoying not being able to tell the refs off at the end of the game...'

oh well...

I notice if a corner is played back to the corner taker from a player outside the box he is nearly always offside, can someone find me the tick box to tell him to get back onside quicker lol
I've not played a whole lot of FM12 yet (only 4 games into the first season), but this seems to have changed for me. I had that all the time on FM11 but I've seen it passed back to the corner-taker several quite a few times in my first few FM12 games and he's not been offside at all.

Though it might just be a coincidence, or something about my players/tactics on the new game that makes them get back onside more quickly.

@ the OP, this shouldn't be happening, even the most dozy of linesman, sorry, assistant ref would not flag this as offside.

Worth posting in the bugs forum & uploading a copy of the PKM for the guys to look at, in FM11 I had a player flagged offside when he received the ball from a short corner so these errors when trying to replicate refereeing mistakes do pop up occasionally.

Archived