This version is wayyyy tooo easy.... year 3 jsut started at Fulham

I admit I play a lot and am a seasoned veteran, but in like 4 days (real life) I have taken over my favorite team Fulham.

I completely redid the entire roster by October year 3, have won the FA cup, am in the champions league, have so much talent and money I don't know what to do with it all.... at Fulham.

By the way, the players always respond to "no pressure, just enjoy yourselfs" or something like that before the game. Always get motivated by a compliment if we win. And always are motivated by anger if they lose. Anything else is a waste of time.

Screen_Shot_2011_10_25_at_7_10_13_PM.jpg

Screen_Shot_2011_10_25_at_7_10_23_PM.jpg

Screen_Shot_2011_10_25_at_7_10_28_PM.jpg

And yet you still didn't win the league.

Nope, but in my opinion this is too easy for being the first start of a brand new game. I spent 41 million euros on that dude named Oscar and he has not panned out at all. Now that I have a system in place and all young, talented, players its pretty much inevitable league will be won very soon.

How come you need to have a scout compile a report for those players, surely that would not be required as there at your club already?

There are bugs on the view screens in my opinion. If I click on reports, you can view them.

Also there is a bug on the player information screen where it is supposed to show what foot they prefer next to their picture. It is completely blank.

Other bugs too here and there, I've just worked around them. For instance it switched my currency from Euros to pounds randomly.

Are you using your own tactics? also how the hell do you manage to keep your players fit with very high workload?

Yes my own tactic. I was developing this tactic during my last few games for FM 11, and it jumped over really well here. In my opinion a lot of guys putting high pressure works the best. And if you can change your entire team in 1.5 years you can bring in the players for it. I will almost always start with the same tactic, but change formation to more attackers/more defense depending how the game is going. Sometimes switch to counter to change it up if I am ahead. But I usually run the same tactic to start 95% of the time and leave it for the entire game 90% of the time.

One thing I like about FM12 is that the libero works really well. It was terrible and failed and was useless in FM11 no matter what I tried. But here it is really functional and the guy plays as a libero should play rather than a clueless 3rd guy running around useless in the back. In FM11 I would play 2 in the back with a deep anchor man to be like a libero and that worked but no libero ever did.

About the fitness, I don't know. I just made them work hard and left it. Only when players complain do I lighten the load, and it is... surprise surprise the Brazilians who complain. That is pretty realistic.

I'm inclined to agree. There is always a bedding in period with a new version normally but my first season with Everton and a net spend of £2m and cutting the wage budget by about 15%. I'm 5 points clear at the top of the league and in the League Cup Final in Feburary. This is using one formation that I created which is an attacking 4-4-2, no shouts no changes in games.

i dont understand why people say this version is to easy, from my pov, its pretty much the same. its never been hard to take a crap team and turn them in to a cl winning team. i have done it with a danish team in pretty much every fm the last 10 years. doesnt take me more then a week irl. ( if i set my rep high its even faster) and from what i remeber the first season is allways the easy one. (in the domestic league)

Nope, but in my opinion this is too easy for being the first start of a brand new game. I spent 41 million euros on that dude named Oscar and he has not panned out at all. Now that I have a system in place and all young, talented, players its pretty much inevitable league will be won very soon.

You can spend 41 million on one player with Fulham? Sure you didn't help out a bit with FMRTE or the editor here? If not this is a grieves oversight clearly a club like Fulham shouldn't be able to spend that much money on new players?

You can spend 41 million on one player with Fulham? Sure you didn't help out a bit with FMRTE or the editor here? If not this is a grieves oversight clearly a club like Fulham shouldn't be able to spend that much money on new players?

If he has improved their economy by replacing overpaid numpties with talented youngsters and winning things, sure he can. I was the third richest club in the world after 10 seasons with Las Palmas.

Like the others chimed in.... and I sold Dembele, Dempsey, etc for over 10 million each. And each player that is on like a 50-60k contract, bring in Erickson for 7 million who gets paid 17k a week. Huge savings and better production.

Get a player or two hugely out of favor but with decent skills and they'll be worth more off to Juventus in a year or two as well.

Based on a simple premise that money today is worth more than money tomorrow. If you can spread it out over 48 months (as I just figured out and started to do recently as in beginning of September), then it works as you can always keep players coming in and out at the right level of a cash flow. Then once you make Champions League you are set. IN many cases you can play a player and keep his value, or play him and pump up his value.....

i dont understand why people say this version is to easy, from my pov, its pretty much the same. its never been hard to take a crap team and turn them in to a cl winning team. i have done it with a danish team in pretty much every fm the last 10 years. doesnt take me more then a week irl. ( if i set my rep high its even faster) and from what i remeber the first season is allways the easy one. (in the domestic league)

I start out as a mid-table English team.

At one point I was the 12th richest club in the world. I had 100% roster turnover minus Bryan Ruiz. I somehow got better, winning first trophy and qualifying in English top 4. I got rid of all the garbage players. I did not change tactics at all during the season, and only maybe to "overload" or "counter" during the games.

Players literally only responded to the EXACT same team talk. "Pressure off" before "Good" when winning. "Angry" when losing. And it worked.

I spent 41 million on a player that was a complete bust.

And somehow I keep adding the most elite young talent in the world?

Never been that easy

It's never been hard, but its never been so simple. It has basically been plug and play from what ever I did before. Even taking into account that I didn't know what players to sign and made some huge mistakes with team talks and tactics early on, things still turned out ok. I have even signed more star players...... In year 3 now I added Hamsik and M'Vila in the January transfer window and they are like the best 2 in the world at their position. Even in the last version Hamsik would not go to a team that was a Champions league title contender in my last save for seemingly reputation reasons. Now here in October of year 3 of Fulhm I sign him for like a good contract as well.

Also too many players are transfer listed. I can get a pick of basically whatever attributes I want at every transfer window after year 1.

Like the others chimed in.... and I sold Dembele, Dempsey, etc for over 10 million each.

Based on a simple premise that money today is worth more than money tomorrow. If you can spread it out over 48 months (as I just figured out and started to do recently as in beginning of September), then it works as you can always keep players coming in and out at the right level of a cash flow. Then once you make Champions League you are set. IN many cases you can play a player and keep his value, or play him and pump up his value.....

Also too many players are transfer listed. I can get a pick of basically whatever attributes I want at every transfer window after year 1.

So, you are using the 48mth instalment exploit to buy a load of very good players, and you claim it is too easy? Gtfo lol.

If you want a challenge as Fulham, don't exploit the dodgy transfer system by buying Tevez, Sigurroson, Eriksen etc(never gonna happen). Don't sell players like Dembele and Dempsey for over £10m each, but rather something similar to what they would go for IRL. If the stupid AI won't do it, then instead implement a strict budget as Fulham would do in real life, a budget that reflects your turnover/revenue etc, THEN buy player within your budget/rep, and THEN try and make the Europa League. If you win the league or get CL football this way, then great you are a very good manager for doing so. Otherwise.....

I know the AI is faulty, but you are the one using this ridiculous 48mth instalment nonsense. All transfers irl are based on instalments when big money is involved, but no club does what you have done. This happened with FM11, some people came in saying it was too easy with Villa/Sunderland, yet they were using the low transfer fee bug plus 48mth instalment exploit to buy Neymar and Ganso, and they wondered how it was so easy! With FM, you have to utilise restraint and subjective realism for the challenge. You would have a point if you managed this in 2 seasons with the starting squad and low-ish budget.

So, you are using the 48mth instalment exploit to buy a load of very good players, and you claim it is too easy? Gtfo lol.

If you want a challenge as Fulham, don't exploit the dodgy transfer system by buying Tevez, Sigurroson, Eriksen etc(never gonna happen). Don't sell players like Dembele and Dempsey for over £10m each, but rather something similar to what they would go for IRL. If the stupid AI won't do it, then instead implement a strict budget as Fulham would do in real life, a budget that reflects your turnover/revenue etc, THEN buy player within your budget/rep, and THEN try and make the Europa League. If you win the league or get CL football this way, then great you are a very good manager for doing so. Otherwise.....

I take your point - you can't exploit the system and then claim it's not realistic. However let me tell you about my save.

I am continuing my demo quickstart as Blyth Spartans in the BSN - my managers reputation is "International" and expected to finish 12th

I have only signed players on free transfers and only those that were recommended by my back room staff during meetings amounting to around 5 or 6 first team players and about the same number of U18's. Most of my 1st team players are on non-contracts.

I have set up a very basic 442 and no special indivudual instructions except 1 playmaker and 1 target man.

In april of first season at the moment and 12 points clear at the top of the table. I am basically unstoppable in the league despite being only slightly above average in the "team comparison" tables. All of my games look like Brazil vs. pub team with my playmaker scoring incredible curling shots from all over the opponents half and my stikers carving up the pitch with the pace, dribbling and runs.

Something just doesn't feel quite right. Maybe it's all down to my managers reputation (what other explanation could there be?) but it doesn't feel at all realistic. If it is caused by manager reputation, is this now effecively a kind of difficulty setting directly linked into your players morale and ultimately your performances on the pitch?

I take your point - you can't exploit the system and then claim it's not realistic. However let me tell you about my save.

I am continuing my demo quickstart as Blyth Spartans in the BSN - my managers reputation is "International" and expected to finish 12th

I have only signed players on free transfers and only those that were recommended by my back room staff during meetings amounting to around 5 or 6 first team players and about the same number of U18's. Most of my 1st team players are on non-contracts.

I have set up a very basic 442 and no special indivudual instructions except 1 playmaker and 1 target man.

In april of first season at the moment and 12 points clear at the top of the table. I am basically unstoppable in the league despite being only slightly above average in the "team comparison" tables. All of my games look like Brazil vs. pub team with my playmaker scoring incredible curling shots from all over the opponents half and my stikers carving up the pitch with the pace, dribbling and runs.

Something just doesn't feel quite right. Maybe it's all down to my managers reputation (what other explanation could there be?) but it doesn't feel at all realistic. If it is caused by manager reputation, is this now effecively a kind of difficulty setting directly linked into your players morale and ultimately your performances on the pitch?

Short answer? Yes.

So a very experienced manager taking control of a BSS team can give a big boost to morale and that it turn leads to these performances? Thats certainly what it feels like but IMO its far fetched to believe that a manager of any level can influence a team this much.

I know the AI is faulty, but you are the one using this ridiculous 48mth instalment nonsense. All transfers irl are based on instalments when big money is involved, but no club does what you have done. This happened with FM11, some people came in saying it was too easy with Villa/Sunderland, yet they were using the low transfer fee bug plus 48mth instalment exploit to buy Neymar and Ganso, and they wondered how it was so easy! With FM, you have to utilise restraint and subjective realism for the challenge. You would have a point if you managed this in 2 seasons with the starting squad and low-ish budget.

I understand your point.... but isn't the whole point of the game to keep players coming form Fulham that would never come? I was saying that these transfers would not happen like this in previous versions. I played as a whole range of teams and they were not possible.

Secondly, every player I sell is almost on a 48 month payment plan. Sold David Stockdale to West Brom for 1 million, David Murphy for 1 million.... spread over 48 months. 48 months is like the way of doing business in this version of FM. Even Sevilla, AC Milan are spreading things out over 48 months.

Thirdly, I never changed tactics once I reached on that worked well (midway through 1st season). In previous versions if you did not change teams would catch on. You had to adjust quite a bit more. But here, not at all. If adjust, I get worse.

Fourth, at what point am I supposed to work to make the game realistic as opposed to the computer? Sit there with Steve Sidwell in my MF when I can sell him for 6.5 million and buy a player who is a superstar for 7.5 million at 1/3 of the salary? The point of a game is not so I can manually make it realistic, point is that it offers the realism so I play it. This aspect was at a better level in previous versions, and it is there here somewhat in the first year but falls apart in years after.

Fifth, moral is like a machine in this game. If I do anything other than what I mentioned, players either do not respond, get angered, or get unhappy then I have to do 10 private chats to apologize.

It's not great skills when almost everyone is reporting that they are winning easily. You could see it in the demo too, it was WAY to easy. The one thing that SI cannot screw up, is the difficulty. It the games becomes too easy or too hard players will leave by the masses.

It's not great skills when almost everyone is reporting that they are winning easily. You could see it in the demo too, it was WAY to easy. The one thing that SI cannot screw up, is the difficulty. It the games becomes too easy or too hard players will leave by the masses.

Agreed. Its getting increasingly difficult to find ways to compensate for the game flaws and poor AI. So far I know not to touch team talks since they're ridiculously overpowered and give your team far too much of a boost going into a match, in FM11 I learned not to mess with tactics and just stick to the default ones as its so easy to unwittingly exploit a flaw in the AI tactics, avoid the pay in installment transfer option completely, and avoid the temptation to take AI clubs best youth players that are regularly released for no logical reason. If it wasn't for self-imposed rules like LLM, a skin hiding attributes and FMRTE that allows me to improve rival squads' strength, I'd be bored to tears with FM tbh. :thdn:

I was kidding. Of course it's easier than previous versions. Spurs doing the quodruple in first season is ridiculous!

Not sure which one you mean, I'll post both. The guy from Hoffenheim is an absolute beast.

Screen_Shot_2011_10_25_at_7_23_20_PM.jpg

I meant Gylfi Sigurdsson, which was why I said Sigurdsson instead of Sigthórsson ;)

Narrow 4-3-3s are known to exploit a flaw in the ME, yours especially because you have two very creative players either side of a quick goalscorer. The central striker gets far too many scoring chances.

Top of the Bundesliga and unbeaten after a half a season with Hannover. :( This does not make me happy.

Yeah, way to easy. Right now I'm going into every match knowing that I'll win or draw, and... I'm frankly bored out of my head.

I'm uninstalling this disaster now. Oh well, wait for 2013 I guess. :(

I meant Gylfi Sigurdsson, which was why I said Sigurdsson instead of Sigthórsson ;)

Narrow 4-3-3s are known to exploit a flaw in the ME, yours especially because you have two very creative players either side of a quick goalscorer. The central striker gets far too many scoring chances.

Interesting did not know this. I have a 3-4-3 but it is close to a 4-3-3 in some ways. I was trying hard to get a 3-4-3 working and finally on this version it does work... now I see why.

Some really great Icelandic players thats for sure.

Top of the Bundesliga and unbeaten after a half a season with Hannover. :( This does not make me happy.

Yeah, way to easy. Right now I'm going into every match knowing that I'll win or draw, and... I'm frankly bored out of my head.

I'm uninstalling this disaster now. Oh well, wait for 2013 I guess. :(

Yeah that is way too easy. Wow. I must be doing something wrong, I am not even winning that much.

Mods should compile a list of known exploits and make it a sticky in GD, it has grown to large to memorize. ;)

I understand your point.... but isn't the whole point of the game to keep players coming form Fulham that would never come? I was saying that these transfers would not happen like this in previous versions. I played as a whole range of teams and they were not possible.

Secondly, every player I sell is almost on a 48 month payment plan. Sold David Stockdale to West Brom for 1 million, David Murphy for 1 million.... spread over 48 months. 48 months is like the way of doing business in this version of FM. Even Sevilla, AC Milan are spreading things out over 48 months.

Thirdly, I never changed tactics once I reached on that worked well (midway through 1st season). In previous versions if you did not change teams would catch on. You had to adjust quite a bit more. But here, not at all. If adjust, I get worse.

Fourth, at what point am I supposed to work to make the game realistic as opposed to the computer? Sit there with Steve Sidwell in my MF when I can sell him for 6.5 million and buy a player who is a superstar for 7.5 million at 1/3 of the salary? The point of a game is not so I can manually make it realistic, point is that it offers the realism so I play it. This aspect was at a better level in previous versions, and it is there here somewhat in the first year but falls apart in years after.

Fifth, moral is like a machine in this game. If I do anything other than what I mentioned, players either do not respond, get angered, or get unhappy then I have to do 10 private chats to apologize.

It's not perfect, but it's the way i'd play it. In my subjective opinion no-one would pay nearly £7m for Sidwell. I know that, so i would only ask for less than half. I also wouldn't buy a world class prospect for £7m unless he had a lowish reputation(though Eriksen may go to Fulham, ya never know), and i would not use the 48mth instalment to quadruple my transfer budget. This is exploiting the AI.

Playing this way requires restraint, and probably a little too much analism, but if it's required to have a realistic game then so be it. I don't see how you can say it's too easy when you are quadrupling your budget and buying all these amazing players within 1-2 seasons.

It's not perfect, but it's the way i'd play it. In my subjective opinion no-one would pay nearly £7m for Sidwell. I know that, so i would only ask for less than half. I also wouldn't buy a world class prospect for £7m unless he had a lowish reputation(though Eriksen may go to Fulham, ya never know), and i would not use the 48mth instalment to quadruple my transfer budget. This is exploiting the AI.

Playing this way requires restraint, and probably a little too much analism, but if it's required to have a realistic game then so be it. I don't see how you can say it's too easy when you are quadrupling your budget and buying all these amazing players within 1-2 seasons.

I will cut out the 4 year stuff.... I just started in September when I realized I you can do it. However, it hits you in the future if you overdo it, as it does come out of your money and I try to balance income with output. However, it makes it possible to ALWAYS sign a player, because you can always put it off in the future and deal with it later.

The game also makes guys like Sidwell useless to have on your team.... in real life solid bench option I guess. But for me to pay him 55k a week when I can get a 22 year old with similar attributes for like 10k a week on the cheap. It makes old overpaid guys really a drain on a team.

I don't want to play lower divisions (anything below second tier Russia really) because I want to use players I know, but the game seems to have gone backwards in some of the realism of this area.

A few points, there is no reason why Fulham wouldnt be able to sign Erikson from Ajax, getting rid of older english players and bringing in cheap imports is what Newcastle are doing this year, seems to work for them

But over 10 mill for Dempsey, which muppet paid that lol, please tell me I have loads of players I could sell them lol

How about, you start in the lower leagues, instead of saying how awesome you are by starting in the prem... and not winning the league in 3 years with Carlos Tevez on the bench!!

People have already done this in the other thread. Makes no difference.

How about, you start in the lower leagues, instead of saying how awesome you are by starting in the prem... and not winning the league in 3 years with Carlos Tevez on the bench!!

If anything, the game is even easier in lower leagues, since it is much easier to replace the squad there. Signing L1-players in L2 is easy, and the same is finding Ch-players in L1 and Pl-players in Ch. What is difficult is to replace a continental-class useless git on 200k p/w wages and 5-year contracts with anyone when you don't have any money and no-one will sign him even when given away for free.

I have a 12-point lead with Bradford in L2, where things are going quite smoothly. I am struggling with Roma in another game, though. Didn't find the winning form and good morale until the end of November, so it is too late now to challenge for the title. I promised Europa-League, though, so I am probably fine - but it is a challenge... mostly because we chose Automatic reputation which gave us Regional reputation at Roma and Napoli!

If anything, the game is even easier in lower leagues, since it is much easier to replace the squad there. Signing L1-players in L2 is easy, and the same is finding Ch-players in L1 and Pl-players in Ch. What is difficult is to replace a continental-class useless git on 200k p/w wages and 5-year contracts with anyone when you don't have any money and no-one will sign him even when given away for free.

This is the truth.

+1

I have a 12-point lead with Bradford in L2, where things are going quite smoothly. I am struggling with Roma in another game, though. Didn't find the winning form and good morale until the end of November, so it is too late now to challenge for the title. I promised Europa-League, though, so I am probably fine - but it is a challenge... mostly because we chose Automatic reputation which gave us Regional reputation at Roma and Napoli!

This. You can generally just breeze through the lower leagues, replacing half your squad or so each season.

Surprised this hasn't been merged with the other its too easy thread. Slow mods. ;)

That's because the issue is taking planetary proportions therefore it seems to be wiser to split it.

I expect the first patch to tone the easiness level down by at least 45% and I share the very same hope with many nowtime.

Rubbish. Trying to get players good enough to play, after joining a team in November languishing in relegation (as I started unemployed) I had no wage budget, loans had been used up on naff players, and there was no money in the bank. My Staff are hopeless, but cannot get anyone else in!

I do not have the luxury of replacing 11 players to feature in cup games, which means I cannot rest players, who struggle with fitness at this level anyway.

Life is much easier with loads of money and higher reputation. Start Unemployed at sunday league reputation, and start there. If you are still finding it easy, then maybe you are just good at the game?

Archived