Consistency and Important Matches: Can it improve?

Fit like milner, fellow BoD'er here ;-)

Consistency improving if he plays consistantly well is a bit too chicken and egg for me. Not sure if I'm with you on that one.

Hahaha nice one! BODA side or Oldy side??

I think it was Sfraser who wrote a piece on it, basically these attributes can increase if the right conditions are met, your right it is kinda a chicken or the egg situation, but i think i am right in what i was saying. If you have a player who has happened to perform well in big matches, even if to begin with its luck, ie lucky goals or constantly scoring pens in important matches then it is deemed he plays well in these matches and his attribute increase, which in turn means he performs better in these matches on a more reliable constant basis. Much like if you get a striker who has a hot season, it will increase his ability to always constantly perform, ill see if i can find the thread on it for you.

It might be 'chicken an' egg', but it's quite realistic. In real life you might get a player who has a reputation for being a 'big game bottler' and then one day he pops up with a brace in a cup final and his old reputation is history.

CvK - gonna do your brill Scottish leagues file for FM12 or is it too much hassle now?

• 2 weeks later...

Just to answer the initial question:

I made a monitoring of around 30 players over 2.5 seasons: I observed no increase of "Important Match". "Consistency" increases very slowly in players older than 22 years (approx 0.5 point per season, not in all players).

Archived