None of my players want a new contract

2nd Jan 2012 - Lecco, Italian C2A

A total of ten first team players and two reserve players have their contracts up in 6 months. Not one of them is prepared to enter into contract talks at this time.

The team is rock bottom of the league, I have been manager for 3 games, and although morale is not the best, it isn't as bad as it could be.

Not one player will even think about signing on for another year?

Am I that bad a person, or is there a problem here?

Put yourself in to the mind of one of your players. Why would you want to sign a contract when there is a chance you will be playing in a lower league?

I expect they will wait too see if you get relegated and if so leave on frees in the hope of signing for a club in the same league or higher that you are currently in.

Well those are my thoughts

Not one of them though? Not even the older player who prob wont get a contract anywhere else because he is garbage?

I would have thought that there would be a mix of players, some not wanting to sign, some looking for a good deal, etc etc.

To have them all not up for it don't seem right to me and is something I have never seen before

I can't see your team so can't comment on the exact circumstances. Perhaps the players are ambitious

Only suggestion I have is to ask for othe FM gamers who are managing your side for their experiences.

Additionally it maybe because its simply to far away from contract renewal. I would wait a month or two and try again etc before they can get signed for free.

Good Luck

OK, how about my 51 year old phsyio, among other staff , who don't want to sign?

How about this one - I signed a player on a youth contract, 1 month later he is eligible for a senior deal, he doesn't want it.

My team are in terrible financial trouble, and have an ambitious squad that were meant for promotion and are bottom of the league. but still, really?

Staff not willing to entertain new deals is always a problem for me, I get fed up with having to hire a new backroom team every other year & it's made even more annoying when you realise none of them take jobs elsewhere & eventually leave the game, the problem seems to go away as I rise up the leagues

Archived