How to get on fm without Internet?

This might be a silly question, but at the weekend I bought fm downloaded it all ok, but now I'm at work without Internet I can't get it, steam goes to update, then it says no connection, then I click on try in offline mode, and it still doesn't work, there's no way I can get Internet connection is there any way to get round this? Thanks sorry if it doesn't make sense on my iPhone!

Erm you should be able to, you would need to take the FM12 disk into work, to install FM12 onto the work computer. (Because I think Steam would need to be connected to the internet to download and install FM12 onto another computer)

Then once you have installed it from the disk, login to you Steam account (you shouldn't need to activate if you have already done it at home) and click play FM12 from your games library. :thup:

Erm you should be able to, you would need to take the FM12 disk into work, to install FM12 onto the work computer. (Because I think Steam would need to be connected to the internet to download and install FM12 onto another computer)

Then once you have installed it from the disk, login to you Steam account (you shouldn't need to activate if you have already done it at home) and click play FM12 from your games library. :thup:

However, if he is caught you will find that can be a sackable offence these days? So be careful.

Steam will not work on a proxy connection, which is what pretty much all workplaces, schools, universities use. I have the sane thing at uni. You need to save your details in steam and set it to offline mode.

Steam will not work on a proxy connection, which is what pretty much all workplaces, schools, universities use. I have the sane thing at uni. You need to save your details in steam and set it to offline mode.

Is there anyway to do this without a connection?

Nope, If you have not got steam remembering your login, and saving the details locally before you lose connection (by the way you only need do this once ever) You will need to connect to the internet to set offline mode. Follow the instructions in the FAQ. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184713&viewfull=1#post7184713

Archived