What's the point in team talks?

First of all, whoever the assistant manager is, they say the same **** prior to a game. "For the fans." Secondly, I believe team talks are a gimmick. They do nothing most the time. Completely pointless. Your team plays ****, and they get fired up or motivated etc, and they still don't improve.

First of all, whoever the assistant manager is, they say the same **** prior to a game. "For the fans." Secondly, I believe team talks are a gimmick. They do nothing most the time. Completely pointless. Your team plays ****, and they get fired up or motivated etc, and they still don't improve.

I may be wrong but I believe the point of team talks is to allow you to talk to your team.

Hope this clarifies matters for you.

Just like real ones they work sometimes and sometimes they have little or no effect, every now and then you'll get it completely wrong and it might have an adverse effect.

You can't judge the effectiveness of a team talk reliably by the players percieved reactions, and do you really want a defender who's on a yellow with 3 reds already this season to be "fired up":)

There's more to team talks than meets the eye.

maybe have a look at your assistant manager if he's not varying his talks, motivating and man management are key attributes! i've found team talks can make a massive difference, good and bad! i've a tottenham save, needed to beat man city with two games to go to keep the hopes of champions league football. half time 1-1, dominated the first half, possesion and chances. got a bit to aggressive with my teamtalk. nobody liked it. second half played awful an lost 2-1. bad for me but you can see the differences it makes!

Archived