Injuries

Not sure if this is happening to anybody else but the amount of injuries I've had in pre season, on the demo, is absolutely horrendous. I'm using the default training and I have around six injuries to first team players most of the time. It's like I'm getting two to three injuries per game.

Half a dozen injuries in pre-season doesn't seem that bad, I would expect a few extra strains & pulls in the first few weeks & then there will always be the freak leg breaks or soft tissue tears/ruptures that can happen at any time.

Always keep an eye on the condition of your players during pre-season. Once it goes below 70% they're coming off, and considering you can make unlimited subs in pre-season games then why not. You may still get a couple of injuries, but not as many if you keep a close eye out and make subs regularly.

Always keep an eye on the condition of your players during pre-season. Once it goes below 70% they're coming off, and considering you can make unlimited subs in pre-season games then why not. You may still get a couple of injuries, but not as many if you keep a close eye out and make subs regularly.

I actually do it before 70, and they don't start under 95 or 90 at an absolute minimum with no other choices.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I can honestly say that my injury list is horrific.

At least two injuries per game, but that's not the major problem, it's who's getting injured. Players with excellent injury proneness, players who have missed maybe two or three games in two seasons. Suarez out for 4months, Carragher is apparently a sick note, Reina as well, and so is Enrique. Charlie Adam is a sick note but he seemed to feature in an awful lot of Blackpools games last season.

Since the start of the season I have at least two or three key players out at one time.

I've played 14 games and this is the players that have been hit by injuries in that time - Johnsen, Fernando, Gerrard (multiple), Henderson, Downing (multiple), Carrol, Aurelio, Albelda, Bellamy, Reina (long term), Agger, Carragher (long term), Skrtel, Coates, Enrique (multiple), Adam (long term) and Suarez (long term). I realise that some are sick notes but it's becoming ridiculous. I now expect at least two injuries per game.

I'm using default training so it's hardly excessive, and no, my team isn't set to hard tackling. Am I just being ridiculously unlucky or are other people having problems?

I always felt that the other teams play "too hard" on the pre-season, generally you don't see teams during the pre-season doing the sort of tackles you see on competitive matches, yet there seems to be no distintion between a friendly and a league match.

One of the reasons why i don't like the money spinning friendlies with top teams is that since they have stronger and fitter players you always end up with a few injuries because of the way the match engine works.

The above also applies to reserve matches, way too many injuries from reserve matches in my opinion.

Carrol just got injured scoring a goal! give up lol

Edit - Now bellamy is injured! no strikers left and down to 10 men.

Edit - Next game aggers out for 6 months. Now my long term injuries are - Reina, Agger, Carragher, Bellamy and Suarez.

The frequency of injuries has not been a big deal for me. What bugs me is that IRL a lot of injuries are minor bruises that players can just play through until the end of the match, then might take a couple of days off from training and are fit the next match. In FM, most of the time players have to be subbed when picking up a knock. Then there are occurences when they play on then are injured for 3 weeks or more afterwards. Surely if they can finish the match the injury is not a severe to completely keep them out of training and competitions for 3 weeks. If that were an exception it might reflect reality, but unfortunatly 80% of the time it is that way. Of course there is the other extreme, players having to be subbed just so you find out they don't have the slightest knock at all. Why can'T I fine these lazy bastards afterwards??

The other issue I find is the amount of long term injuries vs. the amount of knocks.

I've checked the injury database and to my liking there are too few injuries covering the "out for 5-8 days" space while there are a lot of injuries keeping players out for at least 2 and a half weeks. It gets even worse since for minor injuries the "minimum duration" for my liking is already on the high side, and quite often the injuries can take significantly longer due to the "extra days" setting. I've created a an editor file where I adjusted some injury lengths and occurence rates since for me about half (slightly more actually) of the injuries I've seen keep players out for 3 weeks or more, 25 % of the injuries were long term (2 months or more) and only a small percentage actually were minor knocks. The knocks are more likely to happen in the database already, but the sheer amount of different injuries that ill keep players out for a long period vs. the small amount of injuries keeping players out for just a couple of days to me causes an imbalance. I might post back with the results.

As a final point, an injury proneness of 15 or higher is practically a death sentence this year. I've had Robben and Ribery out for practically the whole season. I know they're injured often, but both of them got injured literally 5-10 minutes into their first appearance as a sub following injuries 3 or 4 times in a row.

so in short, the amount of injuries is fine, but

- too few knocks that allow players to remain on the pitch for the rest of the match, an therefore too many forced subs

- too many long term injuries vs. knocks/bruises

- injury durations a bit exaggerated for my liking.

- effect of injury proneness too high.

The frequency of injuries has not been a big deal for me. What bugs me is that IRL a lot of injuries are minor bruises that players can just play through until the end of the match, then might take a couple of days off from training and are fit the next match. In FM, most of the time players have to be subbed when picking up a knock. Then there are occurences when they play on then are injured for 3 weeks or more afterwards. Surely if they can finish the match the injury is not a severe to completely keep them out of training and competitions for 3 weeks. If that were an exception it might reflect reality, but unfortunatly 80% of the time it is that way. Of course there is the other extreme, players having to be subbed just so you find out they don't have the slightest knock at all. Why can'T I fine these lazy bastards afterwards??

The other issue I find is the amount of long term injuries vs. the amount of knocks.

I've checked the injury database and to my liking there are too few injuries covering the "out for 5-8 days" space while there are a lot of injuries keeping players out for at least 2 and a half weeks. It gets even worse since for minor injuries the "minimum duration" for my liking is already on the high side, and quite often the injuries can take significantly longer due to the "extra days" setting. I've created a an editor file where I adjusted some injury lengths and occurence rates since for me about half (slightly more actually) of the injuries I've seen keep players out for 3 weeks or more, 25 % of the injuries were long term (2 months or more) and only a small percentage actually were minor knocks. The knocks are more likely to happen in the database already, but the sheer amount of different injuries that ill keep players out for a long period vs. the small amount of injuries keeping players out for just a couple of days to me causes an imbalance. I might post back with the results.

As a final point, an injury proneness of 15 or higher is practically a death sentence this year. I've had Robben and Ribery out for practically the whole season. I know they're injured often, but both of them got injured literally 5-10 minutes into their first appearance as a sub following injuries 3 or 4 times in a row.

so in short, the amount of injuries is fine, but

- too few knocks that allow players to remain on the pitch for the rest of the match, an therefore too many forced subs

- too many long term injuries vs. knocks/bruises

- injury durations a bit exaggerated for my liking.

- effect of injury proneness too high.

Absolutely agree. Hope they finally are going to fix it in the next patch.

Has anyone else got major injury problems? I am currently managing Ajax in March of my 1st season, and have eight players in the 1st-team squad out injured, most for quite a while, and a lot of them key players. I have also had fairly hefty injury lay-offs for players earlier in the season. It just seems ridiculous, and it can't be my training because the vast majority of these injuries have taken place in matches. Ironically, I have noticed an increase in the amount and severity of injuries since the new patch came out a few days ago, and my brother is experiencing the exact same problem. If I suffer any more bad injuries, I will not be happy!

Experimented a bit with DB and injuries. It seems that occurance ratio isn't the only parametre responding for injuries percentage. It looks like sometimes a major injury has to be happen no matter what probability it has in DB. Especially there are a lot of such injuries in youth team. Two of my youngsters got fractures in one day during the match even though I set probability of these injuries in DB very low and high probability of minor injuries. So, I think sometimes the game just chooses an injury only between major injuries. If this is true, it sucks.

I have now played almost half a season with the DB changes. I might be seeing slightly too few injuries now, but not by much. However I managed to get the amount of major and serious injuries down quite drastically - 3 injuries in the whole club lasting more than 6 weeks, most of the injuries are now in the 1 week to 3 weeks range. Sometimes I guess it is just bad luck - just had Müller going down with a torn calf muscle, an injury that seems to be quite common somehow (need to check the setting again). I am however quite happy now, since after 24 matches (including friendlies) I "only" had to sub 5 players due to injuries, 6 more picked up a knock and could play on, with none of them being out for more than 10 days after the match. I just fear that should SI patch the injuries I might not be able to play my rotation guys enough lol.

Archived