Positional training

Is there anyway to remove a players position that isn't natural through training or something similar? i had a regen who is a natural striker, accomplished AMR and CB come through my youth system, his attributes are brilliant for a striker of his age yet the u18 manager is playing him in defence. What can i do to get rid of the accomplished position in the CB role as his defensive ability isnt good at all.

not that im aware of, but a useful addition would be to have an option like when you go on holiday (something like play this team whenever possible) as an instruction for your reserve/youth managers, it annoys me in past saves when my youth team manager is playing donkie no hopers instead of some of the kids ive signed for millions >.<

You wont be able to make him worse in a position he plays but you could always just buy some random u18 defender with better defensive attributes than your young striker and your u18 manager should in theory have no reason to continue playing him out of position.

looks like my only option is to play him myself in the first team when games are won. he's only 16, too young to go on loan, not good enough yet but i have no choice cant let his ability stagnate.

i may be wrong but as long as he's getting the games it should be fine?

his developement should be more based on your training schedules

If a player is a striker and a defender it sometimes works to your advantage. The attributes are weighed differently according to what position the player plays. If he can play both striker and defender, then there is a chance that the attributes will cost less for this player. Which means he will achieve greater increases in attributes without eating up the CA.

Archived