Number of leagues & database size

That heavily depends on your CPU / RAM as well as your tolerance / preference to game speed & patience.

For me (and me only), I normally load 10 ~ 13 nations with 15 ~ 20 leagues with players of 50.000 max. For my PC, the speed star remains at 3.5 with this setup and the game is speedy.

I use the same setup for my laptop and it is slightly lower but still alright. (Star is at 2.5 with my laptop.)

I have about the same as you I think, I am in work so cant be sure. I have 10 nations on large DB I think my PC was showing speed at 3 stars but I feel the game is going very fast so may add on a few more nations.

I have large database, 7 nations with about 46k players. I run in Windows XP, 3.6gb Quad core Q9550

I don't know how accurate its is but my FM game speed is 3 stars. This is plenty fast and processes fine, for me. You will get slow down during transfer windows due to number of player intercations and of course the annual update in the summer

I'd recommed a large database. You can always add-in / remove leagues once an FM year if its too fast/ too slow etc

Id's difficult to give opinion as fast for one could be slow for another

Archived