Private conversations makes no sense, and also teamtalks.

i have a little problem when it comes to comunicating with my players.

i don't know if its down to bad translations since im playing the game in swedish, but let me tell you the problem.

First the private talks. I talk to all my best performers after each match, usually the ones earning a 8.0 or higher grade in the game, in FM11 you hade choices to say "im pleased with your last game" or "you really impressed me in your last game" (keep in mind i play in swedish, so it might not be the exact right words"

now, in FM12 you have the choice of either saying "your defensive/offensive work was top notch last time, keep it up" or you can say "your passing was a joy to behold in the last match, keep it up"

those two lines doesn't seem to make any sense if a striker has a 9.0 grade, i had zlatan putting in a 9.0 and when i went to praise him i had the choise of saying "you were superb in front of goal list time out, keep it up" or "your passing was a joy to behold in our last match, keep it up" but since he didn't score, it felt wrong telling him he was superb infront of goal (tried that once and he got confused) and well, he didn't make any assists either so telling him his passing was a joy also made him confused...

my point is, you should be able to praise players without having to specify a certain area wich you thought they did good. clearly zlatan played a good game and i want to praise him, but the options both got him confused (on seperate occasions)

now, the teamtalk. i just beat inter 4-1 and wanted to praise some of the players individually. so i told a guy in a calm tone that i was pleased with him, but the short for that was delighted, wich i wasnt since he only played a 7.6. on the other hand, i told a 8.2 guy that he impressed me, wich in short said i was pleased.. so in my mind those two have switched places... if im impressed, im more likely to me delighten, and if i tell a guy im pleased, well..then i am pleased, and not delighted

so the problem is that when you go to select something to say, you see to "long version" of what you are saying, but when you select it, the "short" version appears, and sometimes they don't seem to match, get my point? (don't know how to explain the whole long-short version of it)..

I had a player score 2 goals and get a rating of i think 8.6 so i private chatted him and said he was very impressive infront of goal and responded by saying he didnt think he had played well enough or something along those lines. But yeah i agree there should just be a generic option that says "You really impressed in the last game, well done"

so the problem is that when you go to select something to say, you see to "long version" of what you are saying, but when you select it, the "short" version appears, and sometimes they don't seem to match, get my point? (don't know how to explain the whole long-short version of it)..

I know exactly what you mean!

As if it wasn't all too ambiguous in the first place, they've added more lines that could basically mean anything. I'll get there in the end with the team talks, once I've figured out what each line actually means, but it's just something that I could do without! It's basically a whole bunch of new lines to learn that don't always mean what they seem to signify! :rolleyes:

I'm not keen on the real time team talks thing either. Mostly because these longer sentences that they've put into the game often translate back into something I know (like 'you have faith' or similar) but I don't know it until I've clicked it and then it's too late to change my mind! And, as you say, half of the time, the longer sentences don't correspond at all with the shorter ones, as far as I am concerned. :mad:

i really hope things get sorted out, i mean, this "problem" has been there before, the long option not correspondig with the short, but in previous versions there were few options, so you learnd wich was wich..now in my eyes its just a big mess!

also, the reactions are a bit odd... if i agressivly say that basiclly you guys suck, some "seemed happy"..eeehm, what? okey if they seem mad, or motivated or something like that...but seemed happy when i tear them a new one? lol

I refuse to believe that a player who got two goals and an assist is thinking, "wow, I suck, the Boss had better not praise me or I'll get really angry."

I agree

It happened to me few times too.

I ended up putting him on the transfer list due the conversation fire, few days later when I was calm I removed him from the transfer list.

Archived