‘Even his manager’s got his head in his hands’...

Seeing this a LOT!

I’m half way through my second season with Everton. I’ve got a fantastic side but the chance conversion is abysmal.

In my first season I played Wilfried up top on his own and thought it was down to his poor composure but I’ve brought in Leandro Damiao and he’s missing 3 or 4 good chances a game.

Also every time any of my players get within 25-30 yards of goal they’re shooting regardless of the positioning of their team mates. It’s very frustrating and becoming rather tedious!

For example in my last game we drew 0-0 at home to Wolves. We had 33 shots, 7 chances and 9 half chances. It’s not a one off either, I’d guestimate we’re averaging 25 shots a game.

We’re winning most games but 1 and 2 nils aren’t really good enough when we’re getting 7 or 8 chances over the 90 minutes.

I’m planning a staff overhaul at the end of this season. Will that sort it out? Or have a got a squad full of idiots? Their stats suggest otherwise.

Also, this is a rather stupid question but I remember previously having the tactical facility to ask players to lower the amount of long shots they take in a game. I can’t find it now... Could some soul direct me to it?

cheeeers

in every new edition same thing.

fm 11.3 was great at this chances/goal ratio, with wrong settings you could have your strikers at lousy form, at good settings your striker could grab 40 goals at season. now it is all from the start, many missed chances, it is NOT FUN when you know your striker would miss a chance and like that 5 times in single game.

dissapointing for me, SI should stick with 11.3 ME and with this additions it would be best game ever, now we must wait to see it happpen in some new patches.

in every new edition same thing.

fm 11.3 was great at this chances/goal ratio, with wrong settings you could have your strikers at lousy form, at good settings your striker could grab 40 goals at season. now it is all from the start, many missed chances, it is NOT FUN when you know your striker would miss a chance and like that 5 times in single game.

dissapointing for me, SI should stick with 11.3 ME and with this additions it would be best game ever, now we must wait to see it happpen in some new patches.

But that is exactly what they have done. PaulC confirmed they have made no changes from the 11.3 Match Engine...

But that is exactly what they have done. PaulC confirmed they have made no changes from the 11.3 Match Engine...

Yeah, I heard of it. But game doesnt behave like that. Dont know what is the reason, you know the feeling when you are playing on 11.3. and you know that your striker can bury given chances, now it is just like opposite. There are so many struggling in this department of the game. And not only this, like the whole striker movement is different, there are no more through ball from the deep feeding the attack and so on. Sure that something is related to the tactics and the fact that players are not used to new tactic engine (if there is one, but every new editions got new tactic "laws" ), but I feel it is not only this, I think that problem is deeper. It is one step backwards from 11.3. ME in my opinion. Shame, because every other aspects of the game is brilliant.

For me some thing are more important that others.

TRANSFERS of the AI (when after 4,5 season AI is still upgrading with team depth)

IMPROVEMENT of the AI (when after 4, 5 season AI still can ruin you plans, and not like in after you won one championship you are winnint it all)

TACTIC implementations (when you can play good football with every tactic if your setting are wisely staggered)

SCORING issue

11.3 - had it ALL.

In this 12.1. I feel that some thing are not so well balanced like it was in 11.3.

Just my opinion and sorry for my english. :)

Archived