[FM12]From Ålgård FK to...

ommerson

After my Ålgård FK save went corrupt I now start a new career...

PK-35_HKI-VANTAA.png

PALLOKERHO-35 VANTAA

Season 2011: Ongoing season report

After starting unemployed with sunday league experience, not applying the first couple of weeks, and then going on an "apply to all holiday" the first available joboffer I get I take. This FM12 career starts in the Finnish First Division (Ykkönen) at Pallokerho-35 from the Helsinki suburb town Vantaa.

Pallokerho-35 (or PK-35) is a Finnish football club, based in Vantaa. It currently plays in the Finnish First Division (Ykkönen). As of the 2009 season the club has been based at the ISS Stadion, Myyrmäki, Vantaa. Their club colours are red&black stripes with black shorts and black socks. PK-35 was founded in Vyborg in 1935. After the Finnish Winter War and Second World War, PK-35 was refounded in Helsinki in 1948. When PK-35 was coached by Pasi Rautiainen in the mid-1990s they were promoted to Finland's top division, the Veikkausliiga. After some economical troubles the first team was acquired by Hjallis Harkimo and renamed FC Jokerit. The PK-35 club, however, continued with the other teams in lower divisions using its original name. PK-35 was promoted to Kakkonen in 2001 and to Ykkönen in 2005.

09041502.JPG

The ISS Stadion in Vantaa is bigger than I expected for this level

I'm actually surprised a club at this level would want me (an unexperienced dutchman) as a manager. This is a club of better stature than I have started at the last couple of non-experienced unemployed career-attempts. I guess they feel they were in dire straits being the bottom team (13th) of the league and just offered the job to whoever wanted it. They seem to have made the right choice as I have only lost one game, drew another and won four of the six we played since I have been in charge and are pretty comfortable in 5th position at the moment. I've overhauled the complete staff and am steadily working to upgrade the team aswell, signing about 7 players already of whom experienced midfielder and former AS Cherbourg captain Stéphane Tanguy is the most notable.

To be continued..

Season Team                  Country           League (tier)               Finish                           Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011   Pallokerho-35         Finland           Ykkönen (2)                 7th                 
2012   Pallokerho-35         Finland           Ykkönen (2)                 pre-season        

Archived