Sports Interactive have to rethink this steam issue!! too problematic. And the bugs!!!!

I have played numerous soccer managerial titles over the years,probably from 1999 both on consoles and on PC. There used to be a time when all i had to do was pop a CD in and play or install to hard disk and BAM!!! I had gradually converted to football manager series because honestly its the best,haven't played another soccer manager since 2008,on psp and PC. But this year im extra stressed,i was skeptical before pre ordering my copy as usual and i must admit im glad i followed my instincts. There are too many posts here complaining about steam and the bugs and fm2012 now really looks like a bad decision and a rushed piece of work. I hope SI guys learn from this and just return us to the simple old days. There is no justification to make your loyal customers suffer b3eacuse of people who have never bought the game. I reckon they still wont and i see us suffering some more. Regardless of this ranting i reckon i will still buy the game but after its patched as i heard its quite unplayable at the moment due to goalkeeper training and some other bugs. But Please SI,keep it simple,keep us happy.

Just remember, for every one person on here whining about Steam, there are thousands happily playing the game. I know several people who have bought the game since it came out on Friday, and not one of us has had the slightest issue with Steam.

And the game isn't unplayable at all - I reckon this is the best version "out of the box" for many years.

the brains behind the game did a great job,the changes are really great as i have seen in the demo but i just want to simply buy a game,install to hard disk and play without having to register to third parties. I swear i wouldnt have ever registered on steam if fm wasnt compulsory. Its the only game i play and its getting more harder to do so,not the gameplay but what it takes for you before you can actually play it. And from the demo i can also tell the game has been made waaaaaay easy,used man utd...sold ferdinand,evra,vidic,carrick,park,berbatov,owen,valencia,fletcher on the demo to try and build the youngest squad in the league and i hammered liverpool 6-1....man city 5-0 and chelsea 4-0,conceded just 4 goals til Jn 01....i aint bluffin ,try it.....thats not reaistic,on fm2011 i bet that was suicide....SI has no regard for players they have had over the years,thats the FACT!!!! Making it easy to attract new blood and forcing players to install third party crap beacuse of peope who have never even spent a cent on game...not fm only,they never buy ANY games and we suffer coz v em. Other game developers did not take this extreme measures beacuse they value their customers. I reckon there are maaaaaany game titles that are massively pirated over the world but that dont mean i suffer. i think Fifa is mo pirated than fm but everytime i buy my copy im more than sure it will be simpe to install and pay with minor bugs.

I think I'll close this now as to be honest, it's just a bit of a rant.

In the vast number of cases the game is exceptionally easy to install and the benefits of Steam comfortably outweigh the negatives. For those who have issues we have Customer Support working to resolve them - regardless of the tech used, there are always some problems with launching a PC game and we will work hard to support anyone who struggles.

If you've a specific issue then please contact us - otherwise thanks for your feedback.

Cheers

Matt

Archived