better rosters for non-playable teams/leagues

So, there are a good handful of wonderkids that are in the Belgium and Israeli leagues that I was trying to find, but the rosters for all those clubs only have accurate First Team squads. The youth/reserve squads (where the wonderkids would be) are all generated players. This is of course I don't have Belgium or Israel (or whatever other country I can't think of I checked) checked as playable/viewable. ...which I thought just prevented those leagues from having real sim'd seasons? I always thought they still had accurate squads, even the reserves and youth in prior FMs?

So all that great wonderkid talent just gets lost to fake players? Does SI usually improve/change this type of thing in patches?

Sorry if this has been discussed before. Forums are obviously flooded and search doesn't really show much. Thanks

Choosing what countries you load has an impact on the players it loads from those countries, based on the database setting you have. If you choose "Small" and load only the USA, it will only load the players most relevant to that game, so the North American players, as well as the highest reputation players from the rest of the world.

If you want to have more players, choose a Large Database, load at least one league per region...but it will hurt the game speed.

Choosing what countries you load has an impact on the players it loads from those countries, based on the database setting you have. If you choose "Small" and load only the USA, it will only load the players most relevant to that game, so the North American players, as well as the highest reputation players from the rest of the world.

If you want to have more players, choose a Large Database, load at least one league per region...but it will hurt the game speed.

ahhh, you know I always saw that, but never really checked to see what it actually did. now i know, thanks. =D

I was shocked to see how small the 'small' database actually is. I started a demo save in Scotland as Hibernian and had Southampton and Sunderland coming up in pre-season friendlies. I checked their squad and Southampton had 2/3 real players whereas Sunderland had around 9. I'm now unsure weather to continue my demo save now :(

DEMO save. The demo is a quickstart, which always has a tiny database, this is so that everyone can get through half a season quickly so that SI learn of potential bugs fast.

The demo save is never supposed to be a long-term one (although you can follow through with it if you want! ;))

Archived