How Do I Set My Staff To Different Jobs/Roles?

I currently have one Assistant Manager, although he's crap to be honest so I'm looking for a new one. I found one earlier, and approached to sign him, sorted out the contract etc... Then the board got back to me and said they have cancelled the signing because they feel the one Assistant Manager is enough.

So I thought OK, I'll sack my current Asst Mgr. I tried to do that and the board said I couldn't because I'd have to pay him £3m.

So now I'm stuck with a really crap Assistant Manager and there seems to be nothing I can do about it. Is there any way to change their job somehow, so that I can make him a coach or just something that ISN'T Asst Mgr, so that I can get a decent one for the job?

Thanks guys.

how about offering to Muturally terminating his contract ? would trigger a lower payout fee also.

I just tried that and I got a message saying "The board have blocked the release of assistant manager Paolo Benetti. This is because the club would be required to pay excessive compensation if Benetti was released from his contract".

I also tried offering him a new contract and he said "I'm not currently interested in entering into contract discussions".

I hope I'm not stuck with him, there's surely got to be a way to get rid.

how about offering to Muturally terminating his contract ? would trigger a lower payout fee also.

I would have suggested the same. I believe when you first take over a new club you receive a message from the board saying that existing staff will accept mutual terminations. This is the way to go as you definitely minimize your financial penalty, and in my experience they will always accept.

What I normally do is when I know I want to get rid of someone and it'll cost to much to release him I'll offer him a new contract that's ends that the end of the current season, even if I have to give him a slight pay increase, this would reduce the amount in compensation.

Archived