98pts in LIGA BBVA not enough for the title...

Hi guys,

Just finished my 1st season on FM12 with Real Madrid, I managed to collect 98pts in the process, scored 124 goals, conceded only 19 aaaand... I came second. :)

Goddamn Barca got 33 wins in 38 games, getting 100pts... winning every other game with 4+ goals, while wins with 7, 8 or 9 goals could be seen too. Messi broke CR's record of 42 league goals in February, with a total ot 60 goals in less than 40 games. In the middle of February! Seriously? I know Barca and Messi are being "advertised" as best team/player ever, but this...? As a long time Real M fan, I'm geting used to being second to Barca in recent years, but this is too much even for me...

Now I'm getting ready for the new season, dumping my weaker players and replacing them with even better ones. I'm hoping to mount an even more serious challenge next year. We'll see if that's even possible.

Anyways, I like the new game, the all the new stuff is cool. Unfortunately, I can also say I find it easier than previous versions (except for beating godlike Barca... :D). Team talks are almost impossible to get wrong now and smaller teams are easier to dominate. It's much less likely to get a surprise result against and underdog at home, for example.

Well, that's about it with my little "moan" thread for now. Has anyone else experienced similar "god mode" AI teams in their games or is it just Barca?

Hi guys,

Just finished my 1st season on FM12 with Real Madrid, I managed to collect 98pts in the process, scored 124 goals, conceded only 19 aaaand... I came second. :)

Goddamn Barca got 33 wins in 38 games, getting 100pts... winning every other game with 4+ goals, while wins with 7, 8 or 9 goals could be seen too. Messi broke CR's record of 42 league goals in February, with a total ot 60 goals in less than 40 games. In the middle of February! Seriously? I know Barca and Messi are being "advertised" as best team/player ever, but this...? As a long time Real M fan, I'm geting used to being second to Barca in recent years, but this is too much even for me...

Now I'm getting ready for the new season, dumping my weaker players and replacing them with even better ones. I'm hoping to mount an even more serious challenge next year. We'll see if that's even possible.

Anyways, I like the new game, the all the new stuff is cool. Unfortunately, I can also say I find it easier than previous versions (except for beating godlike Barca... :D). Team talks are almost impossible to get wrong now and smaller teams are easier to dominate. It's much less likely to get a surprise result against and underdog at home, for example.

Well, that's about it with my little "moan" thread for now. Has anyone else experienced similar "god mode" AI teams in their games or is it just Barca?

Barcelona is completely unstoppable in FM- I agree.

They had only conceded ONE league goal in my game until December 3. It's currently December 10 2011 in my Athletic save and they have only conceded three.

Even as Athletic, Barcelona pushes my players around and wins physical challenges which is absolutely ridiculous- I seriously don't see Lionel Messi ever beating out Fernando Llorente for headers, or Carles Puyol being able to push Javi Martinez off the ball like he's 10 years old. Oh, and Victor Valdes is a beast.

In the conference I had 94 points and finished 4th! teams above all had over 100 pts

Wow, that's pretty good but frustrating at the same time, especially as only 2 teams go up in the conference (presuming you mean BSP). 94 is still a heck of a total, but to get over 100 and not get promoted = you'd be going mental.

I won the BSN with only something like 79 points as well :p

Well... there goes another failed season:

Even though I managed to sign Neymar, Hazard and Thiago Silva in one summer, I still couldn't do better. Again, I finished 2nd, even with a point less than last season (97pts), while Barca with no significant signings did even better and got 101pts... 46 league goals from Messi and a total of ~60 in all competitions. That makes it something like 130 goals in 2 seasons...

It seems that Barca players never get tired or injured for more than a week, they don't need to sign new players or ever rotate, despite playing in all competitions till their late stages.

So I'm in for a third season, but if this thing goes on and Barca have another one or two seasons with 100+ pts, maybe I'll consider ditching may favorite team and switching leagues... :(

Well... there goes another failed season:

Even though I managed to sign Neymar, Hazard and Thiago Silva in one summer, I still couldn't do better. Again, I finished 2nd, even with a point less than last season (97pts), while Barca with no significant signings did even better and got 101pts... 46 league goals from Messi and a total of ~60 in all competitions. That makes it something like 130 goals in 2 seasons...

It seems that Barca players never get tired or injured for more than a week, they don't need to sign new players or ever rotate, despite playing in all competitions till their late stages.

So I'm in for a third season, but if this thing goes on and Barca have another one or two seasons with 100+ pts, maybe I'll consider ditching may favorite team and switching leagues... :(

You can't switch. Just keep playing and trying to beat them :) Having a huge challenge like that is great because it makes every match you play so much more important, and it'll be well worth it when you do beat them.

I finished 2nd behind Barcelona (Malaga). But I've not been beaten by them. I even beat them 4-1 at Camp Nou, but then I realised they played loads of U19 players... They've had a poor start to the second season though, 4 wins and 3 draws (ok, they're third, but on the same points as Mallorca, 4th). Real Madrid are nightmare to play against, however everyone but me seems to do fine. They nearly missed out on the Champions League, and are currently 7th with 8 games played. Apparently José is up for the sack.

Barcelona got 98 points but didn't score anywhere near the amount of goals they got on your save.

I can't post some screenshots, if you think I might be exaggerating. :) And while we're on this, does anybody know how can I see the total amount of goals, scored by a player in previous seasons? The "History" -> "Career stats" tab only seems to show league stats and thus - only league goals.

If it makes u feel any better, I've just finished the season with 100 points... but barca unfortunately had 103 lol

Not really, but thanks anyway! :D

You can't switch. Just keep playing and trying to beat them. Having a huge challenge like that is great because it makes every match you play so much more important, and it'll be well worth it when you do beat them.

Well, I can understand that point of view, it's not that far away from my own. I never wanted to win a treble in my first season, I've been playing FM seriously for a few years now and and it often took me one or two seasons to catch-up and start beating them. But this thing here... they're on a 42-game unbeaten run now, we'll where it goes.

How's your job security? Jose would be sacked by now......well, perhaps.

The funny thing is that the board never moans about it. Both seasons I had "Winner" expectations for the league, but they keep extending my contract. Obviously they're more understanding in FM, compared to real life. :D

Archived