Loyalty bonus

Does anyone knows what is the loyalty bonus? (it is in option in additional clauses when you offer a player a renew in his contract) .

Thanks in advance!

I believe its replaced the 'signing on fee', rather than getting it all at once, they get it weekly. Might be wrong!

It does replace the signing on fee but from news items I've had in relation to it the impression I get is that it's a clause which gets 'activated' at the end of a players time at the club if he is sold whilst still under contract at the original club, a kind of severance pay in a way. as far as I can tell anyway but not entirely certain tbh.

It does replace the signing on fee but from news items I've had in relation to it the impression I get is that it's a clause which gets 'activated' at the end of a players time at the club if he is sold whilst still under contract at the original club, a kind of severance pay in a way. as far as I can tell anyway but not entirely certain tbh.

I have the same impression.

Although, because it is named a 'loyalty bonus', I expected it to be a sum that is paid, spread out over the duration of the player's contract or maybe a bonus that is received when a player is indeed loyal and extends his contract (in the future).

What surprises me is that you have to pay a part of the remaining loyalty bonus to a player when you sell him. Doesn't really make sense to me, but to be honest I don't really think I grasp the concept as of yet. Maybe it is all not that complicated and only a spread out 'signing on fee'....

Haven't checked the manual yet; maybe the answer is in there. Can't check at work (and maybe shouldn't be posting at a forum in the boss' time ;) )

There was a discussion in this thread, pre-release based on info from the blogs. Basically, yes it is a signing on bonus spread out year by year over the full duration of the contract signed. The common understanding of how it works in real life examples from Cesc others this summer is that a player will still continue to be paid the loyalty bonus for the duration of the original contract even once they are transferred to another club. That situation changes if the player himself submits a transfer request (hence, does not remain 'loyal'), in which case he foregoes the right to the loyalty bonus. Haven't yet tested that this is exactly how it works in-game, however.

Although, because it is named a 'loyalty bonus', I expected it to be a sum that is paid, spread out over the duration of the player's contract or maybe a bonus that is received when a player is indeed loyal and extends his contract (in the future).

What surprises me is that you have to pay a part of the remaining loyalty bonus to a player when you sell him. Doesn't really make sense to me, but to be honest I don't really think I grasp the concept as of yet. Maybe it is all not that complicated and only a spread out 'signing on fee'....

Haven't checked the manual yet; maybe the answer is in there. Can't check at work (and maybe shouldn't be posting at a forum in the boss' time ;) )

Yes, I think the way it works is that the bonus is agreed when the player signs and if he plays for your club for the entire length of his contract the full amount of the bonus will have been paid by weekly instalments, but if he is sold with time left on his current contract the instalments for the time left on the deal become payable in full as one lump sum. So the closer to the end of his deal you sell him the lower the lump sum payment will get but of course how long a player has left on his contract is a factor in his market value, so the profit from selling with lots of time left would negate the loyalty bonus to some extent.

so what happened to the also frequent and realistic signing fee?!

The loyalty bonus is the signing-on-fee but I think in one of the videos, Miles said that in real life players don't get all the money in one lump some (like the signing on fee) but spread out over their contract.

i agree why should you pay then them loyalty bonus if they're moving clubs that's not being loyal

Because the club sell the player willingly. If you didn't have to pay, you could screw a player out of a big loyalty bonus by getting rid of him.

Arsenal sold Fabregas willingly, and so he retains his loyalty bonus. The difference is that it now comes (indirectly) out of Barcelona's coffers, as they paid the transfer fee.

Because the club sell the player willingly. If you didn't have to pay, you could screw a player out of a big loyalty bonus by getting rid of him.

Arsenal sold Fabregas willingly, and so he retains his loyalty bonus. The difference is that it now comes (indirectly) out of Barcelona's coffers, as they paid the transfer fee.

I think that, because Fabregas put in a transfer request, he also waived his right to the loyalty bonus; in a way, it also protects the club.

Archived