Them, them or ..... them ?

Just wondering what team you lot have started with on FM 12 ? I started one with my team Reading but havent really got into it yet. Think it's because I have done many saves with them before. Any suggestions on who to go ? :confused:

I'm Celtic in the SPL on a save carried over from the demo. Have had some 'unusual' activity in my game, I suspect due to the small database. Eg, picked up a 27 year old regen keeper (who's amazing) for free and have also signed David Trezeguet, Yaya Sanogo and Jack Butland all on free transfers. I've added a whole lot of leagues, which have now all kicked in as I'm 3 seasons in. Loving it so far, have won the SPL twice back to back and 1 league cup...the challenge in this league will be bringing back the glory days of the 70's European success.

Just finished my first season as Sporting in Portugal. Did the domestic treble in my first season which shocked the hell out of me. Didn't even really change tactics just Kevin Keegan'd it all the way with "Attack! Attack! Attack!" and only signed a couple of youngsters. In fairness, Porto did gift it to me. They were dominating the league up until the January transfer window when Chelsea came and took Hulk away from them and another one of their big players was also poached. They probably got about 30 million in transfer fees but didn't reinvest it. All of a sudden the unstoppable Porto started dropping points left, right and centre and my Sporting team pipped them to the title.

Began unemployed with prior International experience. Ended up with Independiente in Argentina. It's certainly a bit different, seeing as in previous FMs I'd begin with QPR in the Championship. Regardless, Argentina is just a stepping stone 'til I get hired by a better club in Europe.

Just like above, I started unemployed too as I normally start with Liverpool. Had my experience set as the standard option (can't remember it's name) and my first job offer was FC Den Bosch in the Dutch Jupiler League. Took over halfway through the season when they were 10th, and finished the season in 5th place, qualifying for a playoff place. Lost in the final to De Graafschaaap (sp?). Second season underway now, board want promotion and gave me a £5k transfer kitty, ha. 3 games played so far and 7pts on the board, so a good start with my ragtag squad.

Archived