Can't pull out of bad form

You'll have to excuse me for being a complete noob, as I haven't played this game since the first championship manager back on the Amiga.

I have restarted the season 6 times now since I first downloaded the demo, and all of my seasons follow the same pattern:

1) I lose the first 2-3 games while I find a tactic that works for me.

2) I settle into a tactic or 2 and get on a good run of form that can last anything from 1-6 months.

3) The run comes to an end, and I go into a slump I can't recover from. I've tried, leaving my tactics alone, playing with them, and team talks. I think lose a couple of games, morale goes down, then once that happens things REALLY start to fall apart.

Does anyone have any tips what I might be doing wrong?

The beauty of the game is sticking with it and finding out for yourself what the hell is going on. In some cases the best thing to do is just move to another team, that could spring a few surprises and get you back in the mood!

What kind of team talks are you giving when it starts to go wrong? Are you encouraging the team, sympathising with them? Don't forget the new tones, perhaps a change from your usual could spark them into life. It can be hard to get morale back up once it starts to slip though, sometime I don't think there really is anything you can do and you just have to try to grind through to the end of the season and try again next year. Or with somebody else if things go really badly...

Archived