Private Chat

I'm not sure I understand why he (Defoe) would be upset with the previous one to one chat...

Defoe scores 2 goals in a 4-0 win and rating of 9.0

I thought I would let him know with a calm tone how pleased I was.

Defoe: "It seems we hold different standards...I personally wasn't happy with my performance"

Myself: " I'm glad you think you can do better. I just want to let you know I was happy with your performance"

Defoe: "I appreciate you knowing where you are coming from"

I then see in his profile this...

Doesn't feel the previous chat went very well

First i wanted to praise him after two goals and a rating of 9.0 Second of all he finished saying he appreciated me knowing where he was coming from. Now though...he is unhappy with me!!

I'm not scared to hold these private chats with players in fear of dropping their morale!!

Well, if you follow the morale, it'll typically dip on the first of that, and equalise on the second. So like Very good - good - Very good with end result "feels chat didnt go well". Basically it means nothing was gained from it.

I had similar problems on 2 occasions with my players and i have only done about 5 of these chats. Had a guy score 2 and play an 8.6 so i passionately praised him for his prowess infront of goal and i got the same response

"It seems we hold different standards...I personally wasn't happy with my performance"

My other player that i praised and it back fired was man of the match and played a 9.0 but didnt score so i praised his passing and again he didnt feel he played well at all.

Archived