Is a longsave worth it?

Guest Mr Manager

Guest Mr Manager

I haven't got the game yet, but I was wondering if a longsave is worth it at the moment? I have read a lot of posts on the bug forum and some of the bugs seem harmless, but others seem rather seriuos (and making it difficult to continue play). So is the bugs some one can live with or should I wait until the second patch?

All serious input will be appreciated :thup:

Over the last two seasons I have signed 6 young players with potential 160 and above that were released by their previous club and I found out of them as a result of a news item.

Thats only an issue if you start poking around in the game files with outside programs, it would be pretty lame if the AI always knew which players were going to be good. Players can get released and go on to have good careers in the game, others get kept on and go nowhere. All because coaches and managers don't have a magic program which tells them who will make a good player and who won't. They have to use their judgement, which will sometimes go wrong. Six over two seasons isn't excessive in my view, surely there are many, many more who were kept on by their clubs.

Yeah I read the thread, don't get me wrong I totally see where you are coming from with those players. I just mean players do get released, even very good ones, personality clashes, not fitting into the way the team plays, who knows? It's one of those things SI will never get right to everybody's satisfaction, but I don't think six in two seasons is excessive.

it basically means that in 2 or 3 years time when the first batch have got better, if this repeats itself year on year I will never need to pay a transfer fee again.

I have also turned down about 4 or 5 players capped at youth level with PA's ranging from 140-159, all freed by their clubs, i could have signed them just to fatten them up and sell them on.

takes the challenge out of it in my mind

Even if you start a longsave now, when the patch comes it'll be activated and you won't have to go back and start again?

Nope, installing the patch always allows you to continue the game, but SI usually recommends to start over as the patch may not fix everything it was meant to.

From what I'm reading FM12 doesn't seem anywhere nearly as broken as previous versions on release day - there were always some pretty bad bugs for anyone fussy with long term realism like me. So I suppose it's okay to start a long term save now, I'm waiting for the patches to get the game myself though.

Archived