how in the HELL did FC barcelona make 100mill+ profit

at the begiing of a new season it always gives the worlds richest clubs, number 1 was barcelona, so as i am a bit of c cheet i created another profile and chose them. i find out that last season they made 120million profit(and for those who know bussines(profit not turnover)) i look at there transfers and they havnt sold any1. there average wage is 20K per week including youth players. so is this a bug or wat?

have you incoutered a thing like this?

at the begiing of a new season it always gives the worlds richest clubs, number 1 was barcelona, so as i am a bit of c cheet i created another profile and chose them. i find out that last season they made 120million profit(and for those who know bussines(profit not turnover)) i look at there transfers and they havnt sold any1. there average wage is 20K per week including youth players. so is this a bug or wat?

have you incoutered a thing like this?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">100 seater stadium </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That big eh? icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dalglish:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">100 seater stadium </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That big eh? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Their ticket prices must be like Chelsea's then icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by madog308:

have you incoutered a thing like this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think they have (something like) 150,000 members that pay €100 per year?

They also have a lot of sponsorships - none on the shirt though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by madog308:

i know big teams can make profit. but i was man u and i only made 15mill profit!! mainly becasue my wages were so high </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

also you have to pay interest on the loans that the lovely American owners gave you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by enema0007:

i know big teams can make profit. but i was man u and i only made 15mill profit!! mainly becasue my wages were so high </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

also you have to pay interest on the loans that the lovely American owners gave you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.

Big beautiful interest that outstrips profit.

I love those Yanks.

When I played as Barca, I was amazed how many matches get picked for TV. I'm used to playing in the EPL, where as a big team you get a decent number. But the list for Barca is HUGE.

A large part of my yearly revenue was TV based. Presumably, that applies prior to the start of the game and accounts for a piece of their value.

can anyone comfirm improved TV license income? I've always thought that no matter how well you do or how much you improves the club and it's intake of seasonal silverware the annual fee paid stayed the same.

If my observation is true then clearly this needs work.

Is it 120m pounds or euros? Their tv deal is worth around £100m per season IRL, and they must make millions every year in merchandising and 80k people turning up at home games, it all adds up. Can't actually imagine they make £100m profit though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">100 seater stadium and being a global brand must count for something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually the Nou Camp only has a capacity of 98,772.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by metropolistechnique:

A team the size of Barcelona would have it's finger in millions of investment pies, merchandising would be massive, serious gate receipts and season ticket sales. That's how.

Manchester United recently released info on Annual Profits of FAR MORE than 120m. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Utd didnt make 120m profits, dont know where you got that from

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw2255:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by metropolistechnique:

A team the size of Barcelona would have it's finger in millions of investment pies, merchandising would be massive, serious gate receipts and season ticket sales. That's how.

Manchester United recently released info on Annual Profits of FAR MORE than 120m. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Utd didnt make 120m profits, dont know where you got that from </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apologies, that was one of those moments where I half remembered a News item on BBC Sport from 6 months ago, and for some bizarre reason my brain decided to take an authoritative stance on it, asserting that it was SURE that Man Utd had published profits of around £300m.

I have hit my brain very hard and repeatedly for this error, damaging it beyond repair.

Consequently I am off to buy FIFA Manager.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dalglish:

That big eh? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure you don't need me to correct the deliberate mistake icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:

Originally posted by Dalglish:

quote:

100 seater stadium

That big eh?

I'm sure you don't need me to correct the deliberate mistake </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, couldn't resist.

It cannot be a bug, unless it's a bug passed on from FM07, as Barcelona in FM07 made millions and millions of pounds/euros per season. when I was them in 07, in 2018 I had a transfer budget of over £500M, and that was without selling anyone. It's makes no surprise that they are in a similar position in 08.

Archived