New manager tones makes game too easy

I couldn't find a feedback section so i thought i would post this here.

I was just wondering if it was just me or are others finding the game soo easy. I won the champions league with Shakhtar in my first season without making any major signings. My star player was a 20 year old unknown Ukrainian centre back who won the golden boot from scoring 10 headers. My team was unbeatable as their morale was always superb, playing in a crappy league helps but every team talk i motivated my players, if the overall didn't i will give individual and we will go out and smash every opposition. I beat Barcelona 3-1 at the Nou Camp and my board thought it was 'OK', although Xavi played in 20 great crosses, we were saved by the woodwork 4 times and we only had 1 clear cut chance in the whole match. I was amazed at the result then i went on the beat Man Utd 2-0 at Old Trafford in the semi's and my board still wasn't thrilled with the result.

I have played this game since the first Championship Manager game and every version of Football Manager. Shouldn't there be difficulty levels? For example at a higher difficulty level one of your star players does a Tevez, or maybe a Bowyer & Dyer and fight on the pitch? I love this game but its too easy for veteran players. I guess i will have to win the Champions League & World Cup with San Marino again.

I would be quite impressed if you were able to win the Champions league and the world cup with one team

He ment he had won the Champions League with his club that he didn't name then moved on to win the World Cup when he took over as San Marino manager. Although he is probably making this up to try and back up his point that the game is too easy. :thup:

Threads like this are boring.

There are difficulty levels. Its called going different teams.

If you really did win CL with San Marino team without any form of cheating then well done, but winning CL with Shaktar doesnt really count. Try winning it with a team in the lowest swedish division

If you really did win CL with San Marino team without any form of cheating then well done, but winning CL with Shaktar doesnt really count. Try winning it with a team in the lowest swedish division

I disagree - I think winning CL with Shaktar is pretty impressive!

I agree its impressive, in the sense that I certainly wouldnt say that I could do it season one.

I am just suprised that having achieved this he considers the game finished to him, when there is so much more to do.

Shaktar have a good squad, and i imagine a decent amount of ukranian oil money to spend on brazilians. It is plausible that one could beat the big teams over 2 legs in CL.

I just think its odd he makes out like he has 'completed' the game or something like that

Edit - re-reading his post i do have a bit more sympathy for him, and maybe im guilty of putting words in his mouth.

But still, go other teams! I think im just frustrated about the fact the interwebs is full of threads like this

Threads like this are boring.

There are difficulty levels. Its called going different teams.

IRL, many coaches have been fired from big clubs despite the world class players they have. It's not normal at all to chose another club if you want another difficulty.

Why should someone have to choose another team in order to make the game more difficult?

Based on that logic Neil Lennon's job is far easier than Terry Butcher's, which in terms of players available is correct, but then factor in every other aspect of the job and your man at Celtic Park is working under the weight of huge expectation, the fine lines are even smaller and finishing second isn't an option.

FM doesn't recognise that, do you get an absolute pasting from the media when you slip up? Does it really feel like you're jobs on the line? Does the morale and form of your squad fluctuate so dramatically that you can't just play the same tactic in the following game and beat a St Johnstone or Dunfermline 3 or 4-0 and forget last week ever happened?

I agree with the OP. Give us more dilemma's between matches, give us highly paid players really throwing the toys out of the pram and give us a non stop barrage of criticism from the media that really makes us work for our victories.

To sum it up, after a 0-3 defeat at Ibrox give us a scrappy 1-0 home win against Aberdeen in which we've played badly but ultimately grinded out a result prompting more criticism from the media and fans alike.

I have played this game since the first Championship Manager game and every version of Football Manager. Shouldn't there be difficulty levels? For example at a higher difficulty level one of your star players does a Tevez, or maybe a Bowyer & Dyer and fight on the pitch? I love this game but its too easy for veteran players. I guess i will have to win the Champions League & World Cup with San Marino again.

So i'm guessing that the "veteran players crap" it's flavor of FM2012! :lol:

I see people talking like FM2012 it's such a difficult thing that for someone to play it would need:

a) be a veteran player (uhhhhhhh)

b) have some degree in aerospacial enginier

I play CM/FM series from the beginning (93 or 94) and i dont find this FM easier (or harder) then the rest. i think that this FM gives us the same challenge as others version did.

Archived