Just got FM 2012 Help needed please

Hi I seem to have a common problem where my wifi connection is connected to the internet through a second PC in the house with a broadband connection. I downloaded Steam, however when I click in the icon it the update bar comes on screen but stays at zero %.Then an error message appears saying that to connect to steam you must connect to the internet. To cut a long story short, can I activate the game on the PC that does have connectivity to steam and once activated remove it from that PC and download it on mine without the need for Steam. I will be much appreciative of any assistance as I'm dying to start playing. Many thanks

You have to have steam working 100% on the computer you want to launch it on.

Yes you can activate it on your other computer and you wont have to activate it ever again but you still need to launch it through the steam platform.

So you need steam working on both computers.

Hi Many thanks. I have Norton Anti Virus but created a rule to allow Steam to access my PC but still no joy unfortunately. I've also tried to remove some Steam files and folders as suggested on their forum all to no avail. I feel a bit frustrated as I can't wait to get going

Archived