Sometimes you have to accept it...i guess?

Some of you may have seen a few days ago i created a thread about how i started a game. Basically i started unemployed and 18 games in i take over Kidderminster Harriers in the blue square premier at the bottom of league.

I have assessed my squad and they arent good really. Probably good enoigh to get me out of relegation but definitely not good enough to get any further than where they are. Currently getting a good result is few and far between. Im getting a few draws along with more losses than wins.

So what do you do? You have no money to spend. You cant get a good streek going and your players arent worth the hassle. Is it best to try and get them as far away from relegation as possible and then try to rebuild next season? Im not sure.

Have you ever been with a club and thought they arent good enough just let them play and we will see what we can do in the next pre season?

As im not getting good results at the moment my players do have good morale probably down to my teamtalks and media answers.

I also ask you how does morale act in the game to beat the oppositions high morale and better attributes? Is that just down to tactics? Im not sure.

Survive the season, and over the summer gut the entire squad. I'm talking about getting 20 players in. Keep one or two who you feel are okay as squad members, but offer the rest to clubs for £0. Look at signing kids released from premiership clubs. You can get promoted to League 2 without spending a penny in transfer fees.

'Tis what I'd do.

I have noticed that morale can badly affect a players performance.I had a right back who was solid for most of the season wanted to leave i told him no,His morale was abbysmal and the next game he ran out of position which they got 2 goals from and got sent off.

On the topic of your season goals i would try my best to avoid relegation then build from the next season

High morale is a bigger factor the lower you go and the poorer the players in my experience. I'm currently on an 11 game winning streak (I think the longest in the near 20 years I've played FM :) ) and my team really aren't that much better than anybody else in my division, I came out of a good pre season with everybody on high or very high morale and they hit the ground running.

In your situation I would just work with a basic 442, try to be solid and grind out results. Just stay up this season, and worry about building for the future in the summer if you do.

I usually replace every person in the club as fast as possible. If you have 60000+ players in your database there is not really a problem getting a 25-man squad where all the players are substantially better than the ones any lower-league club starts out with, on lower wages and for free. It is also important to get rid of all the staff right away, because unless you are extremely lucky whoever the club has employed are usually completely useless.

That, along with having a good tactic and motivating your players well keeping their morale high (or non-low at least), should be enough to gain straight promotions up to The Championship.

It is beneficial to have Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Italy, France, Germany and Holland as nationalities, as English players are generally overpriced and of poorer quality. You will get 100% scouting knowledge from the first nation and 50% from the second.

I "roleplay" as a Brazilian-Argentinian hybrid between a Latino dictator-pimp and Diego Maradona. Quite the character. Signed 4 Brazilians so far, all strengthening my Bradford-team immensely. Along with a few good loan-signings I am now first in League Two mid-November, with a six-point lead.

Archived