Pleade help- No internet and didnt put steam in offline mode

Hi

Staying away from work and i didnt put steam in offline mode before i went, its not the first thing on a list of things to do. I now cant play football manager for the week and im fuming as ive paid for the disk but cant play. Is there anything i can do? This is ridiculous!

having the same problem... feels like it wants to force through an update or something.

wont let me change it to offline mode in order to start it :(

if its trying to update but not actually updating:

Right click

Go to properties

Click Verify intergrity of cache (or something along those lines)

Let it finish and then try play the game.

If that doesnt work

Exit steam completely

Open steam folder

Delete clientregistry.blob

Reopen steam

I've used Steam since FM09 and I always forget where the offline option in Steam settings is, so when I want to play Offline I just turn the wireless off on my laptop and start Steam - thn it asks me if I want to start in offline mode... Try to turn off the wireless or unplug internet cable...maybe it will work.

As long as you have it store your login details locally, you can switch to offline mode WITHOUT needing the internet. If you do NOT have it store your login details locally, Im afraid your stuck until you can connect to the internet. The info for making sure offline mode will work by storing details locally is in the FAQ - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ

This will solve the issue in future.

Archived