Penalty taken by someone not set as penalty taker

Has anyone else encountered this?

I'm playing Arsenal in FM2012, I signed Hulk. I have Van Persie set as my penalty taker. During one match, Hulk already had 2 goals to his name when he goes down in the penalty area. To my surprise, Van Persie did not take the penalty as he should (although he was on the pitch, not injured or anything), insted Hulk takes it to complete his hat-trick.

Not sure if it is a bug or a feature... :confused:

Wow, I didn't know that, nor have I ever seen this before.

Would be nice if you could comment on this, maybe scold the players or have any kind of control over this. This time it went okay because Hulk is a good penalty taker, but even if I'm 2-0 up, I wouldn't want someone who has penalty taking 5 to take it - even if he has a chance for a hat-trick.

This is a feature and has been around a little while. Will only happen if the match is safe.

DortmundvSchalkeInformation_Overview.png

Note Marco Reus missing a penalty with 23 min to go when it was 2-1

I would not call that safe, only 1 goal up in a match against my fierce rivals

I't a nice feature, damn annoying when your CB is having one of those rare good days & has 2 goals from set-pieces so decides to stroll up & boot the ball clear of the stands.

Had this happen when winning 3-1 & went on to lose 4-3, to this day I blame my idiot striker for not insisting on taking the spot kick.

I't a nice feature, damn annoying when your CB is having one of those rare good days & has 2 goals from set-pieces so decides to stroll up & boot the ball clear of the stands.

Had this happen when winning 3-1 & went on to lose 4-3, to this day I blame my idiot striker for not insisting on taking the spot kick.

Wouldn't say 3-1 was safe, as your result proved.

This is exactly what I'm afraid of!

Personally I thought it was a pathetic introduction when they brought it in and is another example of SI's dumbing down of the game. It's a completely worthless gimmick that should be an option that can be turned off.

I really don't give a crap about one of my players getting a hattrick. What I want is for by best penalty taker to take it, giving me the best chance of scoring. Even is we were 150-0 up I would still insist on my penalty taker taking the kick.

If I could, I would also fine the player for taking the kick when I have clearly set out who my penalty takers are.

This is one of the many things that SI have introduced over the last few years that mean that I shall never buy a new version of the game again (and to clarify; I don't mean I will download a hacked version. If I want a game I will buy it, I just no longer want to own this gimmick ridden game).

Personally I thought it was a pathetic introduction when they brought it in and is another example of SI's dumbing down of the game. It's a completely worthless gimmick that should be an option that can be turned off.

I really don't give a crap about one of my players getting a hattrick. What I want is for by best penalty taker to take it, giving me the best chance of scoring. Even is we were 150-0 up I would still insist on my penalty taker taking the kick.

If I could, I would also fine the player for taking the kick when I have clearly set out who my penalty takers are.

This is one of the many things that SI have introduced over the last few years that mean that I shall never buy a new version of the game again (and to clarify; I don't mean I will download a hacked version. If I want a game I will buy it, I just no longer want to own this gimmick ridden game).

I wouldn't call this a gimmick. It is mirroring real football.

While I agree you should be able to reprimand players for not following penalty taking orders, I think it is unrealistic for the players to follow orders like robots in a situation like this.

I feel as a manager you should be able to 'shout' over to a player to take the penalty to complete his hattrick if you feel like it. It's an option that comes up like when a player get's slightly injured and it asks if you want to do a quick sub.

I feel as a manager you should be able to 'shout' over to a player to take the penalty to complete his hattrick if you feel like it. It's an option that comes up like when a player get's slightly injured and it asks if you want to do a quick sub.

I was thinking the same thing !

Archived