How do you become the manager of Team GB in the olympics

im also guessing the Team stays active in the game for the long term games and if England or another home nation is awarded the Olympics again then the Team GB will be rolled out again....

it doesnt have to be 1 of the gb nations to win the olympics hosting right.

It could very well mean Team Great Britian can be used for every Olympics from now on. I guess we'll have to wait and see in the game

Yeah but the squad size is only 18, and my squad was, Mcgregor, Amos, Smithies, Smalling, Phil Jones, Gibbs, Walker, Kelly, Walcott, Bale, Ramsey (replaced by Wilshere after injury 2 games in) Rodwell, Fletcher, Sturridge, Wellbeck, Bannan, Carroll (waste of space), Watt

The only reason got on in the final was injuries to Walcott and Bannan during the game and I didnt trust Carroll

Thought that to be a decent squad, wasnt worried by a 3rd over aged player

Yeah but the squad size is only 18, and my squad was, Mcgregor, Amos, Smithies, Smalling, Phil Jones, Gibbs, Walker, Kelly, Walcott, Bale, Ramsey (replaced by Wilshere after injury 2 games in) Rodwell, Fletcher, Sturridge, Wellbeck, Bannan, Carroll (waste of space), Watt

The only reason got on in the final was injuries to Walcott and Bannan during the game and I didnt trust Carroll

Thought that to be a decent squad, wasnt worried by a 3rd over aged player

How come no Rooney? Was he injured or did he kick someone else?

I did the exact same as AjaxNo1. Apparently the Spain job was a "no hoper" though, so delighted to have dominated them in the final (although only a small victory due to Casillas - do they seriously think they needed Casillas and De Gea?). Picked a very different team though. My overage were Baines, Hart and Evans.

• 2 weeks later...
Dont think there will ever be a Team GB in olympics again IRL which i'm glad about being a proud Scot, but I guess it would be an interesting wee feature in FM

There won't be, you need to qualify for the Olympics, Spain for example have qualified for winning the under 21 euros IRL. Obviously no GB team will ever enter anything else so can never qualify, unless of course a home nation gets another olympics and they qualify as host

Archived