The PA/CA system and the way the game developes through seasons.

Recent years when I've played the game alot I've allways stumbled across the same stuff when playing the game. What really annoys me is the way the game really is predictible. The same players almost allways goes on to be a superstar. The same players allways will be bought early on by big clubs. The same players will be kid stars and not have the potential to be anything more.

What could be done to create much more varity to the game? What could be done to create such late bloomers as we do get? What could be done to make the game exciting and new to every time we start a new save? First of all, potential rating ATTRIBUTE imo. should not be scoutable. Rather the scout should look and see wether a player got the right attributes to develope. And this should go for the AI aswell. What have bugged me off many times playing the game as a lesser club is the big clubs scouring the planet for everything with a high PA, despite having **** stats with low determination and professional ability. What club would see anything in a player who didn't want to work or get to training and be quite ****** as a player in the first place?

Come second I think a more fluidity in terms of PA ability should be introduced. If a player is handed correctly, maybe his PA could rise a few notches? Dependant on how hard you make him work. If you raise his professional stat. He gets his ass to training once in a while and he should be more of a prospect to work on.

When it comes to starting PA I think most players should have a much more varity of PA open for them. Players like Shaqiri, Sterling, Morrison etc. who posess a -9 rating could well end up with beeing kid stars, and wouldn't by handling the right every time you play the game end up like super stars. There should be a more of the 0 stat in the PA section. So players more likely have the opportunity to be world beaters when they reach their peak. Or they could be kid stars wich came in, was seen as great talents but never really took the final step up. It would create so much more variety to the game. And would be more fun to play imho.

Allthough I can see the problems it might create as some players maybe would never be a world beater because of physical limitation or through technical limitation. Maybe its time to split things up a bit? What about having certain factions of stats such as physicality. Defence, offence and technical? So that a player have a PA for each of the sections?

What also has baffled me is my ability to mould a player the way I would like in the game. Despite a player beeing a natural left back and young age. Striker or winger. They should be capable to be moulded into a defensive midfielder if having the right attributes or got the right stamina for it? There are alot more things wich could be done in the area. Aswell as implementing personality in the mix aswell. If a player is very adaptable he should welcome playing as a defensive midfielder despite preferring to play a forward.

Just a few thoughts up for discussion.

I don't know if SI have sorted* the untick "use real players" box (I've not done it for a few versions of FM), but that might be something you're looking for if you want random people to start game with.

*Previously it didn't work, because you'd get a random player created who was....M(RC) who has a made up name, but is Scandinavian, the dogs on attributes, favourite clubs were Man U, Real Madrid and LA Galaxy and liked to wear '23' as his squad number. It didn't take a genius to find who was really who. The attributes etc weren't randomly generated, just the names, ages and nationality.

Archived