Backup players complain far too much

Why have SI made it so players who have signed as backup players get their backs up when they don't play for a few months? Surely that's what being a backup players is about? Not only are they now all whingy twits but they don't back down either, so I have a reserve squad full of these twits who have decided that they are too good to be backups...

Most of the conversations go like:

Player: "I want to play first team football boss, I might have to go if you don't play me"

Me: "You're backup and you aren't going to play right now"

Player: "Do you want an unhappy player unsetting the squad"

Me: "No, I want a professional doing his job"

Player: "I may be being unprofessional, but you've given me no choice with how you've treated me"

Me: "Fine, rot in the reserves"

Player: "I'm telling mommy!!!"

The player is then put in the reserves to rot until either another team wants their sorry self serving waste of space or I release them at the end of their contract, its getting a bit tiresom. Does the game expect me to have a squad of only about 16 players? My other favourite interaction is:

Player: "I want to play first team football boss, I might have to go if you don't play me"

Me: "The last time you player you were rubbish, you have to prove to me you're worthy of the first team"

Player: "I don't really care about that, I just want to play first team football, do you really want an unprofessional player upsetting the squad?"

etc.

It is definitely getting tiresom now. I've had two players back down out of about 10+ in a season, it happens a tad too much.

Archived