Injuries.... But not the amount of them.

I know a lot of people make points about there being too many injuries over the years on FM which can be very frustrating but normally is just bad luck.

However both on the demo of FM12 and the full game I'm confused by how much the injury affects a player, both times I've started games as Inter and both times Pazzini and Cambiasso picked up 3-4 month injuries which was clearly mildly annoying, what was more worrying however was the total destruction of their attributes during their time out. On the demo Cambiasso decided to retire at the end of the season which obviously I never got to while both players lost 1 full point to almost all attributes and their physical attributes lost a full 2 points each, for a player in his prime like Pazzini surely this is not right for a 3 month injury?

Now I'm worried everytime a player is out for just a few weeks that they will lose attributes that could take months of injury free training to recover, clearly something has been changed from FM11 on how injuries affect players but surely this is too much?

I've noticed this as well. I know he's been out for a bit longer, but I screenshotted Essien because losing this many stats after a few months is ridiculous.

essien.png

essien2y.png

Played with Celtic a little bit, and Izaguirre's stats did the same. Looks like any player getting a long term injury is more or less ruined.

There needs to be a third screenshot of what his stats are a month or two after getting back to full training, if they do not increase quickly for a player of this quality then we can start talking about a possible problem.

There needs to be a third screenshot of what his stats are a month or two after getting back to full training, if they do not increase quickly for a player of this quality then we can start talking about a possible problem.

Well he's been sitting in Chelsea's reserves for nearly a month now so it doesn't look like he'll be getting enough football to make a difference. I'll load back up my Celtic game and after a few months I'll post up a similar set of screenshots for Izaguirre.

Well he's been sitting in Chelsea's reserves for nearly a month now so it doesn't look like he'll be getting enough football to make a difference. I'll load back up my Celtic game and after a few months I'll post up a similar set of screenshots for Izaguirre.

That could be another problem of the AI manager only looking at the current attributes & ignoring the pre-injury ability of the player, definitely worth investigating.

Strange how an injury can influence your creativity, positioning, anticipation, passing etc.

I would expect a temporary physical downfall (strength, acceleration, stamina) or bravery decreasing (fear of another injury), but a player is creative, knows where to position himself, is alert and can pass a ball or he isn't/doesn't/can't. An injury won't change that would it?

Do the attribrutes pick up once he starts playing again?

You may lose like 10 points in Pace once a long-term injury has subsided, but would pick up over a few weeks/months again. As after an 3-4 month layoff, Pace and Stamina (just picking 2) would take a blow.

long term injuries SHOULD take stats down a lot. Izaguirre will never be the same player he was, neither was Henrick Larrson after his leg break. In his case though he was still half the player he was which was still pretty good

There is no way injuries should be having the kind of effect they are having here. You give the example of Larsson yet I could give the example of Antonio Valencia who came back instantly at the level he had been before after a broken leg, having attributes decrease with injury has been in FM for a while but this year has been increased massively for no apparent reason. Other players are reporting young players retiring because of one injury, there is clearly an issue here.

Not looking good at all. In my opinion not realistic if this happens to every player getting a serious injury. Most players return in good shape (Van Nistelrooy being one good example) and it is mostly after recurring injuries of the same kind that decline take place (Essien can be realistic, but Izaguirre?).

The limited recovery of his physical stats is concerning, I trust that a reasonable amount of time has passed since he recovered from the injury.

well my izagiurre will be back in two months - i'll post a screenie to compare when he's back but mines hasn't lost that much pace

Hopefully it doesn't happen for every injury, if a player occasionally declines then that's fairly realistic.

He's had about four months Barside. When I reach the offseason I'll put him on a solely conditioning training and see what difference it makes.

Four months should be ample time to recover previous fitness levels, of course some changes should be expected dependant on the type of injury but an across the board hit does seem a tad harsh.

Just noticed in both of my saves, two players that are injured at the start of the game (Chung Yong Lee and Jack Wilshere) have both deteriorated to the point where neither is being used by their club. Wilshere's stats will probably recover due to his age, but Lee's won't, and will now drop even further due to him rotting in the reserves.

Definitely needs looking at, I feel.

My star defender at Bradford was injured for 5 months and just returned to fitness. He went from 4 stars CA to 2,5, but part of that could be that I signed another 4-star defender. He has had a massive drop in all attributes. It is still February, so I hope that he starts gaining CA again, but I will keep you posted on how that goes.

gabriel2.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And here he is after 5 months with a broken leg (I think):

gabrielhj.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Archived