No more uncovered terraces?

I've only played a couple of matches with the full game with Norwegian third level Algard FK (but played 2 half seasons with the demo in lower league aswell) and it struck me that I havent seen any uncovered stands up untill now. Might be me, but when I play with Algard (look the stadium up in goolgle street view) I don't expect a fully covered stadium. In fact I expect one half-pitch-wide terrace on one side and no stands on all the other sides. The half-pitch-wide stand (that is new in the game I think, but I've only seen it quite large in height, seated and covered) is kind of accurate, but the three covered terraces on the other sides are way off compared to real life at these lower league levels where standless sides rule. I'm not saying SI should make every low league stadium look like the real thing (that would be a hell of a job, although one I would gladly volunteer for!!!), but the available stand-types seem very limited, especially for small clubs. Note: SI has made an efford to create more background sceneries (I've seen a few), but these are only visible in the smaller stadiums, so why not make the extra effort for the stands aswell. I plead for a stadium editor since the 3d match engine exists...

I had hoped SI would have made some new stand-types to account for stadiums at these levels. The half-pitch one is a start, but a version as low as the lowest terraces should be available for that type also I think, and unseated ones aswell. And what would really be lifelike is a lack of stands on some sides, where fans just stand behind the advertisement-boards. I was hoping SI would have created these by now. How can it happen that a stadium with a capacity of 500 has stands on all sides?

Where have the uncovered terraces gone that were in FM11? The way it seems now (but I havent played that much yet, I might have missed some) is that all lower league clubs have covered stands all round, and the only diversity is that some have that half-pitch-seated main-stand and some have not. The uncovered stands are non-existant anymore. Although I wasn't very enthousiastic about those because they seemed to be SI's answer to the no-stand side (not a good thing imo), making all stands coverd is a bit too much.

I know its all fluff, but still.. It's all about realism in FM isnt it?

And BTW: do fans all wear various shades of gray clothing when not wearing their a clubs-jersey nowadays? I know there's a crisis going on, but it all seems a bit too depressive in the stands.

Yeah, it seems all they have changed is the look/colouring of the stands, got rid of roofless stands and that they made one new standtype (the old "low-high-low stand" without the low's). A little bit dissapointing. I don't know what they did with the bigger stadiums though, I usually don't get my teams to play in such stadiums ;-)

I think the clustering of supporters to the middle of a stand when the stadium is not full is a good improvement, but the colours make the fans somewhat miserable and zombie-like.. The outside scenes also seem greyish and lifeless, as if every stadium is located in a smogfilled ghetto of some sort, even when the scenery is of an agricultural nature. Might be my low-graphics setting though..

Archived