Steam update query - help please

I am aware that Steam downloads the 'lastest updates' straight to your game.

However if I want to continue the game I am cuurently playing with the patch I have been using rather than the latest one (e.g I am using 12.2 and 12.3 comes out - I dont want to use 12.3 but want to continue using 12.2) Is there any way to keep 12.2 in place rather than have steam over-write the 12.2 patch?

Thanks

Why would you want to play a buggy(er?) version? That aside, you can right click the game in the LIBRARY and select PROPERTIES. Then go to UPDATES and select 'DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE THIS GAME'. But seriously now, why would you want an older version?

There is a way to do it via Steam. One of the options allows you to prevent updates.

I can't remember exactly how to do it now but you should be able to find it easily enough.

To be honest though, it's always best to update to the latest patch. I don't know why you would want to keep playing with an old patch. :confused:

Thanks for the replies - it is due to using FMRTE - When an update is released for the game FMRTE needs a couple of days to be made compatibale for the latest patch. So if my game auto updated then I would have 5 or so days without my main 'scout' (fmrte) until fmrte was compatible with the latest patch.

KYMYK - where do I find the 'library' that you mention.

Thanks again.

Archived