Re-download on Steam not possible, and how to?

I installed FM2012 on 1 machine and want to install on another machine. On the new machine, I login with my Steam account and see that I already own the game. There is a button called "Play". I click on it and expect Steam to download the game but nothing happens. The page just gets reloaded. Anyone with the same issue?

Hmm, that is wierd. It should say you already own the game. But it should not say play. It should be greyed out, like in not installed.

Unless you did install it on the new computer and the other computer is still online. Log off steam on the other puter and you should be fine. You can not be logged in at steam on several puters at the same time.

Hmm, that is wierd. It should say you already own the game. But it should not say play. It should be greyed out, like in not installed.

Unless you did install it on the new computer and the other computer is still online. Log off steam on the other puter and you should be fine. You can not be logged in at steam on several puters at the same time.

I'm on a new computer, so I haven't downloaded the game yet. It says "You already own the game" in a green bar, and next to it is the Play button, clickable.

The other computer is shut down already. I entered Steam confirmation code (sent to my email) so I can log in Steam on the new one.

What should I see on my new computer? Re-download? Install?

You are looking at the game in the Store tab, you can't buy it again because you already own it, that's what the green banner is all about.

Open the Library tab, make sure all games are showing (By selecting "All games" next to the search, in the upper left corner) and you should see the game grayed out. Right click it and select "Install game..."

Here's a picture showing the Library and two ways to install it, right click and "Install game..." or left click and then the "Install" button.

http://i.imgur.com/TjZQF.png

@Chameleon3 Thanks for your answers. On the new machine, Library tab, I don't see FM12, only FM12 demo, although I'm playing on the old machine right now. Strange.. I will check when I get to my office.

@leumd: I will def try your suggestion. Will let you know when I'm there.

Archived