Steam (Again)

I know this thread will get closed but it's beyond ridiculous now.

How can Steam have no phone number for technical support. I've had an issue for over three days now that is still unresolved due to an account being innocently suspended. Email is far too easy to hide behind and phone contact is important in the modern world. A simple 2 minute phone call would resolve my entire issue yet I have to send a follow up message every day to clarify the situation.

This is completely unacceptable as a business practice. Profit margins are large enough to facilitate a technical support number. It's disappointing this is the only way to play FM and I do hope the SI look at other options down the line. Typically many of you will reply and say that we haven't had this issue but quite clearly a number of people have. Moderators on this forum for which I've been a member of since May 2001 (under a previous persona that disappeared when the forums were closed for a number of days a couple of months back) are to keen to close these threads. These forums were meant to provide discussion, not a like it or lump it approach. Of course piracy is a touchy subject and SI/Sega are keen to protect their property. However, they mustn't neglect that loyal user base. Discussion on their provider of choice has to be in the open surely?

The demo of FM12 was great and I'm extremely disappointed I've not been able to play the game this weekend through SI's facilitator of choice. It'd be great to hear from a representative from SI/Sega or Steam but the chances of that are slim to none. Disappointed that loyal fans of the series are asked to jump through hoops to play the game.

Archived