not playing an original version!?

I tried installing fm12 but it did it all through steam which i did'nt want as i bought a boxed copy from play.com. So Looked on here to find the way to install boxed version ( 'deleted local content' from steam to remove it). So i started again following the boxed install guide you gave. Anyways at the end of it all i went to run game and steam says

" Football Manager has detected that you may not be playing an original version of Football Manager 2012 and the game has therefore shut down.

If you believe you are playing an original version of the game then please contact SEGA support.

If you are playing a non-original version, you'll not be able to re-load the game. Please click here to purchase a legitimate version of the game, which will support the making of future versions and will also avoid seeing this message again."

Well i purchased my game from play.com so i can only assume it's saying that as i already input my activation code on 1st install atempt, however then and now my steam account is still the same so what fkin gives!? Off to bed now, a fix by the time im back from work at 6pm monday would be nice.

Archived