Son in youth academy?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coopvalho:

I've been at MK Dons for 10 years, I'm now 41 years old - and no son.

Too much time tweaking the tactics, not enough time tweaking the... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sterile?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coopvalho:

Too much time tweaking the tactics, not enough time tweaking the... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

10 years. Pfffft.

I've been knockbreda manager for 26 years, and still no son. icon_frown.gif

Naw...not sterile.

I have 8 kids. The highlight is the second youngest who went on to be a plumber. We're so proud of him! We'll forget the drug dealer, pimp, the one doing 25-life and the rest on the dole.

No world class footballers though. Mrs. Si doesn't seem to want to put out for me anymore.

icon_frown.gif

B-word.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by walshy07:

i posted the other day about this, on my spursd save my son came into the ranks at the start of my fourth season.Nelson Carvelho!!!he is half english tho and at 16 has already been capped at england u19 level!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was there a screenie of it?

• 2 weeks later...

maybe for me, i have an uncommon surname and searched at the start from someone with the same as me, then 2012 i searched again and a regen in the weymouth youth team come up, didnt have me as favoured personel or anything like thatthough like others have said, could just be coincidence.

I haven't had a son either, but my manager isn't very old in the year 2020. I've seen regens spawn at other teams that had fathers that were coaches/managers for those teams (I think - never any famous fathers anyways). It's strange, usually the son has the father in his favorite personnel, but the same isn't true for the father. I think (not as sure) that I've seen a few brothers too. Not on my team though, so I usually don't think too much about it when I see it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

This feature is rubbish! I've played both FM07 and 08 for way too many hours and never got a son icon_frown.gif I'm still waiting icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly. icon_biggrin.gif

My friend, who rarely plays, took over Crystal Palace, in his 4th season got a son. Me, who has played 30 seasons of FM08, am still waiting. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

This feature is rubbish! I've played both FM07 and 08 for way too many hours and never got a son icon_frown.gif I'm still waiting icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly. icon_biggrin.gif

My friend, who rarely plays, took over Crystal Palace, in his 4th season got a son. Me, who has played 30 seasons of FM08, am still waiting. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's always the way: you try for a baby and - nothing. If you want a son, try adopting Cashley Cole's approach to life icon_wink.gif

My opinion exactly. This is the one thing I really want to happen in my game but despite playing tons of seasons on both '07 and '08 I'm still yet to have a son come through.

I'm currently in 2023 with Gateshead and I get excited every year when it's running up to the date when all my new youth players come in. I'm alwasy left disappointed though.

And I just know that when it finally does happen he'll have a PA of about 60 icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stoke_city08:

im still waiting for a son second season tho so theres still time to try for another baby lol a strange fact is i havent got a son but iv got a brother anyone no how that works ill give screenie if people want </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never heard of this one before.

Can I just ask everyone, is Frank Rijkaard white? I don't mean to be simple but I don't think he is yet his son in my game is whiter than a cricketers work outfit.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stoke_city08:

im still waiting for a son second season tho so theres still time to try for another baby lol a strange fact is i havent got a son but iv got a brother anyone no how that works ill give screenie if people want </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can I just ask everyone, is Frank Rijkaard white? I don't mean to be simple but I don't think he is yet his son in my game is whiter than a cricketers work outfit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>no hes black.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

Can I just ask everyone, is Frank Rijkaard white? I don't mean to be simple but I don't think he is yet his son in my game is whiter than a cricketers work outfit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>what season are you in because i have yet to see rijkaard son come into fm whats his name

I'm in 2011 but I think he came into the game in 2009. I can't remember his name off the top of my head but i'll post a screenie tonight. He's quite good and the only reason I noticed him is because I have my scouts set to monitor all the U19 leagues I have loaded and he seems to perform quite well for them.

Doesn't bother me but i'm sure it would bother other people.

When you check out other managers profiles, if they have a son he will be listed as favoured.

Guest beno27

haha!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

does the game recognise black and white or does it just hae say 50 random faces and choses

one, i would hate to see my son come through then see he is black, because then hes quite obviusly not my son, and my wife has been playing away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What if it was as a result of some genetic mix up (like gingers with ordinary parents) and your wife had not done anything wrong? You'd feel bad then, wouldn't you!? And so you should!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

i have twin boys in my game, one chinese one black, but i love them both equally </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL

Here's the pic of Frank Rijkaard's (who is black) son (who is white).

Roy Rijkaard </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Milkman perhaps...?

(If they have milkmen in Spain, that is)

can you post his personal page please, to see if Rijkaard is there!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

My opinion exactly. This is the one thing I really want to happen in my game but despite playing tons of seasons on both '07 and '08 I'm still yet to have a son come through.

I'm currently in 2023 with Gateshead and I get excited every year when it's running up to the date when all my new youth players come in. I'm alwasy left disappointed though.

And I just know that when it finally does happen he'll have a PA of about 60 icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If i got a son on the game, he would be a first teamer by the age of 18! How ever good he was!

haha biased towards your virtual offspring

i would too :O

and hed be penalty taker in a final.

roy and frank, both very spanish.

what happens if your managing in another country than your own your sonyour nationlity or where you are now or both, i would beat him so bad if he went against my own.

I've not had a son, but I have had the Casadei brothers both come through my youth system at San Marino. Sadly one of them is now national first choice and at Palermo, the other is part time at Murata! And to make matters worse... its the younger brother who's the more talented one.

As the eldest of three, that'd be hard to swallow being overshone by my little brother so much!

Offspring in the game? It should have wedding followed by your wife pregnant, you miss the game because of going to hospital to welcome your son and then slowly nurtured him through the ranks. The Harry_Pontek played FM07 until he is about 60 years old without having any offspring. It will be a nice surprise if he has one in FM08 though. Take a deep breath and everything will turn out just fine.

Pontek!!Pontek!!Pontek!! and HaveADaughterInRealLifeTek.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Offspring in the game? It should have wedding followed by your wife pregnant, you miss the game because of going to hospital to welcome your son and then slowly nurtured him through the ranks. The Harry_Pontek played FM07 until he is about 60 years old without having any offspring. It will be a nice surprise if he has one in FM08 though. Take a deep breath and everything will turn out just fine.

WOAH!!! The HarryPontek is back!!

Pontek!!Pontek!!Pontek!! and HaveADaughterInRealLifeTek. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

finished my 3rd season at Arsenal and my assman told me the intake of the new youth academy. The best player he picked up is a 16 year old somalian (I am from Somalia too) his name is Saad Mohamed (mine in the game Mohamed Ahmed) but I think he doest have me in Fav list. He has absolutely fantastic skills though.

Please tell me how should I know if he is my son (god IRL this would have been embarrasing)?

By the way.. In the game I am 32 and he is 16. I clearly didnt do in my 16th bday. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Chosen One:

finished my 3rd season at Arsenal and my assman told me the intake of the new youth academy. The best player he picked up is a 16 year old somalian (I am from Somalia too) his name is Saad Mohamed (mine in the game Mohamed Ahmed) but I think he doest have me in Fav list. He has absolutely fantastic skills though.

Please tell me how should I know if he is my son (god IRL this would have been embarrasing)?

By the way.. In the game I am 32 and he is 16. I clearly didnt do in my 16th bday. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If he was your son he'd have the same last name as you and would automatically have you as his favoured personnel.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Chosen One:

By the way.. In the game I am 32 and he is 16. I clearly didnt do in my 16th bday. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmmm... maybe you did... "gasp" icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

can you post his personal page please, to see if Rijkaard is there! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh ye of little faith.

Roy Rijkaard Personal

Archived